There must be a simple reason why I can't get auto wah working...

Georgy

Inspired
So, I'm running the Axe-2, with MFC101. I'm a month or so away from getting an expression pedal for this, however, what I want to be able to do doesn't involved having to use the expression pedal if I don't want to..

I'm dedicating a stomp on the MFC to a wah block. I just wanna be able to hit the wah stomp on the MFC (the same way you would engage a flanger, or delay etc), and get some 'auto' wah happening.. I've tried doing this, but haven't had any luck at all. Not sure if what I've done with the block is correct or not, so it's probably user error

Is someone happy to shed some light on this, and maybe send a screen dump of how it should look? Even when the WAH block is bypassed, it's still on (which I don't want). I just want to be able to engage on/off whenever I active it via the MFC stomp.

upload_2017-11-9_18-21-30.png

upload_2017-11-9_18-22-40.png

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks

Use the Damping to slow the opening and closing ie, your foot rocking back and forth.

EDIT: the above is for an envelope \ not sure about LFO

If you want it to sound like an auto wah, change from LFO to Envelope and tweak from there. Lfo works of course, but then it's just constant up/down movement of the wah.

Yeah, the Auto Wah is a constant up & down effect where as the Envelope Filter is a dynamic effect based on the volume.
You can slow down the Envelope Filter effect to get a more of a slow opening of the Wah pedal by using the Damping parameter.

Auto engage won't really work with an LFO. It will just keep turning on and off with the LFO sweep. Auto Engage is better suited for expression pedals.

To change the speed and waveform, go to the Control menu (Controllers button on left side of screen in Axe Edit) and change the settings for LFO 1.

Yeah, the Auto Wah is a constant up & down effect where as the Envelope Filter is a dynamic effect based on the volume.
You can slow down the Envelope Filter effect to get a more of a slow opening of the Wah pedal by using the Damping parameter.
Well an auto wah and envelope filter would be welcomed, that are already set up and in the ballpark.

Well an auto wah and envelope filter would be welcomed, that are already set up and in the ballpark.
Yeah, I suppose, but once you set it up once all ya have to do is save it .. I have several Envelope Filters saved using both the Wah Block & the Filter Block with various settings within them & I just recall them on demand.
But I suppose it would be helpful for those who don’t know how to set them up.
Although it’s easy enough just to share an FX block as well.

Thanks guys.. I tried what @Smittefar suggested, and that actually worked on that preset only. Then, when I went to copy and paste that same wah block in another patch, it wouldn't work the same way..? o_O I don't get why..

What I actually want is exactly what @Smittefar said later, I think it's the automated constant up/down movement, he is looking for, which is correct. I just can't quite get there..

Should I upload both patches for someone to look over??

Modfiers and control blocks are not saved as part of an individual effect block. Those are saved in the preset.

The name "auto wah" applies to both.

It depends on what the "auto" is referring to.

It's confusing, and I tend to think like you do, but there are many envelope filters on the market labeled auto wah ;)

The name "auto wah" applies to both.

It depends on what the "auto" is referring to.

It's confusing, and I tend to think like you do, but there are many envelope filters on the market labeled auto wah ;)
I believe our thinking is correct in technical terms. An envelope is an envelope & Auto is Auto. I’m guessing cause more people know what a Wah is they market it as an Auto-Wah & is a grave injustice to the almighty Envelope Filter!! :p

Modfiers and control blocks are not saved as part of an individual effect block. Those are saved in the preset.

Modifers are included with block copy/paste, library save/recall, front panel effect recall. The control menu can also be copied like a block. That second step might be what he was missing.

Back
Top Bottom