There is a problem with the Axe-Fx 3 sound card driver

Loyarn

When using ax fx3 as a sound card, it often breaks suddenly when playing music or recording, the computer cannot play sound, or the software cannot record, etc., but ax edit 3 still works normally, and my sound guitar is not affected

Are you on the beta release? What operating system? I had issues with 12.08b4. Downgraded to 12.07 and it was fine.
I am using a Mac.

Are you on the beta release? What operating system? I had issues with 12.08b4. Downgraded to 12.07 and it was fine.
I am using a Mac.
Hello, my computer system is WIN10, and the version used is the latest 12.08beta4 (I originally thought that I will not have this problem when I update to the new version today) because I used 12.07 to update the same problem. By the way, how do you downgrade? I want to downgrade to a version before 12.07

Hello, my computer system is WIN10, and the version used is the latest 12.08beta4 (I originally thought that I will not have this problem when I update to the new version today) because I used 12.07 to update the same problem. By the way, how do you downgrade? I want to downgrade to a version before 12.07
You need a backup of your presets from the older firmware.

Click the title to view on YouTube and see the chapters in the description:

I would follow Chris's video instructions. Myself I just used Fractal-Bot and point to the 12.07 firmware. Downgrade is the same as upgrade just in reverse. Same your presets just in case.

I would follow Chris's video instructions. Myself I just used Fractal-Bot and point to the 12.07 firmware. Downgrade is the same as upgrade just in reverse. Same your presets just in case.
Where can I download versions before 12.07?Where can I download versions before 12.07?

Where can I download versions before 12.07?Where can I download versions before 12.07?

AFAIK, Fractal has no archive of past firmware versions. You must save the past firmware updates yourself. There was a third party site that kept archives but I would not trust firmware downloaded from a third party site.

Lol don't trust a third party? Why? You fear a virus on your axefx? ^^
Right! Now whenever you boot up, Putin's face appears on your Axe screen, and it starts asking you for bank information so that you can receive millions of dollars from a Nigerian prince who needs to move his money to the U.S.

And it only plays rick rolls over and over, but with the best f*cking guitar tone you ever heard.

Lol don't trust a third party? Why? You fear a virus on your axefx? ^^

It's important to authenticate the source of any software and it should only be obtained from a trusted source. "Trusted" in this context of course is a personal judgement and your personal comfort level with the risk may vary depending on the device in question. In any case, to make an obvious point, an untrusted source could introduce a malicious change to the software.

The simple solution to this would be for Fractal Audio to maintain an archive of past firmware versions. In the meantime, best practice is to save a copy of the firmware yourself whenever you do an update.

It's important to authenticate the source of any software and it should only be obtained from a trusted source. "Trusted" in this context of course is a personal judgement and your personal comfort level with the risk may vary depending on the device in question. In any case, to make an obvious point, an untrusted source could introduce a malicious change to the software.

The simple solution to this would be for Fractal Audio to maintain an archive of past firmware versions. In the meantime, best practice is to save a copy of the firmware yourself whenever you do an update.
Archive.axefx.fr has been online for years, if you don't trust it that's your choice...

Anyway it was a joke about viruses and axefx etc...

Last edited:
I have all kinds of problems with the III on my Windows machine. Software version on the III hasn't made a difference.

If my computer has been up any amount of time, hours/days/weeks, then if I go to use the III, I can't get any audio to or from the PC. III works fine for the guitar. It will show the III as the sound device, but there is no audio. Axe-Edit III will work fine.

I can switch to my built in sound card, and it works fine, but switching back to the III, no audio.

Turning on and off the III makes no difference.

What has worked in the past, is to unplug the USB cable, and plug it back in. That is a huge pain in the ass given where my equipment is.

If I reboot, it works perfectly, but I hate doing that as I probably have 20 things open, projects loaded, etc.

What consistently works for me to fix this is Device Manager -> FAS USB Audio -> right click on Axe FX III, disable and re-enable the Axe Fx III. I think something with the USB drivers is going wack but it's not too bad on my machine.

Much faster than constantly rebooting too

I have all kinds of problems with the III on my Windows machine. Software version on the III hasn't made a difference.

If my computer has been up any amount of time, hours/days/weeks, then if I go to use the III, I can't get any audio to or from the PC. III works fine for the guitar. It will show the III as the sound device, but there is no audio. Axe-Edit III will work fine.

I can switch to my built in sound card, and it works fine, but switching back to the III, no audio.

Turning on and off the III makes no difference.

What has worked in the past, is to unplug the USB cable, and plug it back in. That is a huge pain in the ass given where my equipment is.

If I reboot, it works perfectly, but I hate doing that as I probably have 20 things open, projects loaded, etc.
Exact same thing on my end. It's maddening.

Back
Top Bottom