There a global lead available on FX8?

The answer is the same as before. No, there is no "global lead" in the same manner as the MFC101. The FX8 is a very different product from the MFC.

Footswitch assignments are normally per-preset. You can configure one of the 8 footswitches to be global (persistent through preset changes), and here are some options:

You could use a Preset switch to access a specific preset within the current bank of 8 presets. You could copy your lead preset to the same slot in each bank. Here is a key concept and your core problem: There is no direct access to a specific preset from all 128 presets without banking up and down, spinning the preset knob, or using an external MIDI controller.

You could use a Scene switch and always use a specific scene in each preset as your lead.

You could use a Control switch to toggle several effects within the current preset without the use of scenes. You would have to configure the Control switch modifiers in each preset.

As a former Axe-Fx user, I agree that the FX8 is a different animal.

I personally find things much easier and consistent now, as I can assign different scenes to different amp channels and therefore I have all my required sounds in a single preset. The only thing that really differs between songs is the effects I use or level / dialling in of effects.

Used this way, the need to have a global lead goes away as far as I'm concerned as I'm always just one stomp away from my lead tone when I need it. Also, if I really wanted to stomp the same switch for a lead/solo, then there's always the scene 1/2 toggle option too.

It not strange at all. There was no indication that it was going to be added
Maybe for those that use scenes. If you use presets then this would be extremely useful. Maybe FX8 isn't the MFC101, but it's not too foreign to think this useful tool wouldn't be thought of by the same company.

Maybe for those that use scenes. If you use presets then this would be extremely useful. Maybe FX8 isn't the MFC101, but it's not too foreign to think this useful tool wouldn't be thought of by the same company.
I am not saying it is not useful. I am just saying that it was never even hinted at the fact that it might get added so it should not be strange that it wasn't added. The AX/FX architecture is pretty different i wonder if it is even possible to do what you are hoping to do or if the hardware limits it

Back
Top Bottom