Theories of Light, debut album from Numph entirely recorded with AXE FX 2

LucaG

Hi guys, i finally released the debut album from my band, Numph. All the guitars, basses and sound fx were recorded with AXE FX 2 ( so much fun with the axe...) the album was mixed by Matt Bayles (Mastodon, Isis, The Sword) and mastered by Ed Brooks (Isis, Pearl Jam, Rem).

I'd like to know your impressions on sounds and songs :)

You can listen to the entire album here: NUMPH

More on Numph here: https://www.facebook.com/numph

Thank you for your attention!

Sounds great - very well done :encouragement:

The only slight criticism I would make actually has nothing to do with the AxeFX or even the music... it's the band name :?

Under the premise that 'first impressions count' and all that, Numph reminds me of Numpty. I don't wish to offend of course, just saying what I see

As such, I almost didn't click the link... but wanted to because of the commonality here of course. If you're looking to attract fans and industry support etc, then giving people half a reason not to check out something that they'd otherwise very likely love is a bit of a shot in the foot

It may well be that it means a lot to you guys and again, I don't mean to disrespect that, but I thought it might be a point worth mentioning :)

Sounds great - very well done :encouragement:

The only slight criticism I would make actually has nothing to do with the AxeFX or even the music... it's the band name :?

Under the premise that 'first impressions count' and all that, Numph reminds me of Numpty. I don't wish to offend of course, just saying what I see

As such, I almost didn't click the link... but wanted to because of the commonality here of course. If you're looking to attract fans and industry support etc, then giving people half a reason not to check out something that they'd otherwise very likely love is a bit of a shot in the foot

It may well be that it means a lot to you guys and again, I don't mean to disrespect that, but I thought it might be a point worth mentioning :)

Thank you for the compliments! We didn't noticed the similarity with the word Numpty, in fact, Numph comes from greek. We'll keep that in mind if we choose to change name :)

Really good stuff. Definitely has a good vibe too it. It kind of reminds me of the last 2 Mastodon releases which were excellent.

Really good stuff. Definitely has a good vibe too it. It kind of reminds me of the last 2 Mastodon releases which were excellent.

Thank you! I always liked Mastodon...Crack the Skye and The Hunter are very different, but as you said they are excellent works, each one in its own way...

Back
Top Bottom