Theoretical implementation vs MIMIC

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about :lol but... How cool it could have some feedback control parameters within Amp or Cab blocks? Does MIMIC improve feedback as well?

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about :lol but... How cool it could have some feedback control parameters within Amp or Cab blocks? Does MIMIC improve feedback as well?

Play louder & stand closer to your cabinets!

Cheers,
Mo.

I don't know if this was an A/B clip or not but the first clip sounds just like explained about 'amp sputters and gurgles' especially right at the 0:06 and 0:13 second mark... the second part was almost there but the high end was a bit subdued, definitely could have 'gurgled' a little more. The opening riff on the first clip sounded a little more 'open' as opposed to the second clip where it sounded as if it needed a little more input gain. I was listening via some decent earphones but I'm sure in a live situation I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference!

I agree, I can hear the difference as well. First clip is rounder overall and has a smother high end.

Thanks for the clip and the guesstimated time frame...I'm bet I'm not the only one who won't be checking the discussion several times a day now :)

Meh - it could have come down to a lot of things like how the guitar was played, how hard he played the riff, etc. Personally, I think that the match sounds freakishly ridiculous close. The 2nd clip sounds a little more in-your-face present, but I'm probably totally filling myself full of it.

What I'd love to hear is some serious high gain stuff, but on the very slight chance that this is released within 2 weeks, I guess I can wait. :D

Funny how different people hear differently. I thought the exact opposite about that clip.

Me too. Liked the 1st one for it's 'totally out of control' feel, but the second was less...spikey.

Regardless, I don't find anything alluring about that tone...outside of it sounds like a tube amp that kind of sounds like crap overpeaked! (But that has it's uses! Think 'Stay with Me'...I always feel like that amp had to be put out to pasture after recording that track...)

But this will be fun! I predict since we will have uber-accurate amp models, we'll get the complaints about how difficult it is to dial in (yes, Mesa, I'm talking to you...) As well as the ability to completely, spot on nail tones those have been searching for and have struggled to pull out of the Axe. Axechange will be...lively in a very short time.

IMO.

R

2-3 weeks would be pretty awesome, hopefully by then I MIGHT have my sleeping pattern back to normal. Only to become a zombie again when v10 hits the forum. I heard so much about losing sleep but I was like nah, not me. But, I feel good it's not just me though. This update is going to be very interesting to hear how each amp changes and how they respond, and to go through one of the amps people hate to dial in, but love to play....Mesa. I've never actually owned a Mesa, but I heard they can be a pain to get just right. We'll shall see!!

I don't know if this was an A/B clip or not but the first clip sounds just like explained about 'amp sputters and gurgles' especially right at the 0:06 and 0:13 second mark... the second part was almost there but the high end was a bit subdued, definitely could have 'gurgled' a little more. The opening riff on the first clip sounded a little more 'open' as opposed to the second clip where it sounded as if it needed a little more input gain. I was listening via some decent earphones but I'm sure in a live situation I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference!

i don't know which is which, but i share your analisys: but, hey, guess what, i totally prefer the second one; i've no use for a bassman dialed in the way the first clip shows;
the second one seems to me more "educated" :-D
in the end, only personal taste counts :-D

Play louder & stand closer to your cabinets!

Cheers,
Mo.

Thanks Mo, I know that but it doesn't work with all setups. I connect directly to FOH & monitors. The reason to ask about feedback improvement is that if you crank almost any amp to southeast, you can expect to get a plenty of natural feedback & sustain. Changes in sound and your playing feeling depends on many things, of course. Ok.. We can continue this discussion in another thread. I would hope Cliff's answer anyway :mrgreen

Thanks Mo, I know that but it doesn't work with all setups. I connect directly to FOH & monitors. The reason to ask about feedback improvement is that if you crank almost any amp to southeast, you can expect to get a plenty of natural feedback & sustain. Changes in sound and your playing feeling depends on many things, of course. Ok.. We can continue this discussion in another thread. I would hope Cliff's answer anyway :mrgreen

Fair call - I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek!
But in all seriousness, I think that one way around that is to play with the sound, rather than fight it. Lack of sustain is not, IMO, necessarily a bad thing. You may well find another way of approaching your playing and/or sound that opens up other doors....

Cheers,
Mo.

First clip was the real amp for sure.
It is a bit more bassy and the attack and dynamics are more powerfull and seem to move more air. Sounds more alive to me.
If clip one is the AXE-FX then I think the real bassman can go in the fireplace :)

Back
Top Bottom