TheAmpFactory StudioDelta is out!..

Cab Lab is a worthwhile investment.

I am struggling to understand it's value for me.
I purchase it so I can try Demo IR's?
For others who mix/match/blend IR's, it may be a great thing.
But for somebody that want's to try a few Demo IR's, not such a great purchase.
Sort of a use it once, never use it again, and be pissed forever.
I think I'm in the wrong thread.

Oh, the exchange rate...

It's brootalz.

Still, done. And thanks. Looking for to this. Right up my alley.

I can't imagine needing anything else. But, you know... keep us posted. ;) :encouragement:

You make a good point. With this cab pack, you can't try any out before buying, unless you own Cab Lab.

If you're happy with the one included in the FW updates, and the free ones that are available here, stick with those.

Or, the Producer Packs are available at a lower price point.

I can definitely recommend all 3 companies' packs. The last TAF pack and the free one are great.

Once you start down the IR rabbit hole, it's easy to get lost. I mean, really... we're talking thousands of files to weed through if you bought them all. And it can certainly add up.

But... many people will tell you that IRs are equally as important (some will say more) as the modelling improvements we constantly enjoy (for free, after the initial price of admission, of course).

I have found the TAF ones to be mix ready. He does a really nice job with that, in particular. Not to mention all the actual ready mixes he takes time to create.

But yes, IRs in .wav format require another program to use with the Axe FX. The good news is that you can batch convert, and to either .ir or .syx. The .ir format is for Cab Lab.

Like someone said, there may be a free program out there somewhere to convert .wav to .syx.

I am struggling to understand it's value for me.
I purchase it so I can try Demo IR's?
For others who mix/match/blend IR's, it may be a great thing.
But for somebody that want's to try a few Demo IR's, not such a great purchase.
Sort of a use it once, never use it again, and be pissed forever.
I think I'm in the wrong thread.

Thanks for clearing up my confusion, didn't realise the stereo ones were easily located in the final pack. Thanks for the tutorial on WAV format convertion as well. How do we get that information in the Wiki??

Loyal customers with Legends pack. please bear with us, - we were unable to get the discounts to work yet with our new system, so when we do, we have something fantastic & exclusive for you instead.. (more on that later)

Can Legends owners purchase now or should we wait for the system to be fixed if we want the exclusive?

Can Legends owners purchase now or should we wait for the system to be fixed if we want the exclusive?

Sure go right ahead, the exclusive stuff will happen when its done this end, and its automatic anwyay, as a legend owner your already eligible. : )

To clear a few things up.

For the last 3 months I have been working on this pack, I have tried to keep it NO secret that it will be released into WAV format..(this was my choice over the original license for Sysx) simply because it can appeal to a lot more platforms, and most people have some sort of conversion tool to use anway...WAV files are no secret...so not sure why the pain here. - and as ironic as it is.. when I released the previous pack with Sysx, I got many MANY emails asking them to be WAV... I took all that people said, the single selling platform, then fact people wanted more mixes etc etc, I did all that in this release, I listened..

The demo IR,s & indeed the full release was meant more for DAW loading IR programs rather than converting to cablab into the axefx.. - sure you can do that, but the "room" files wont sound correct as they will all be truncated. you might get more mileage out of these if you use a program such as "MixIR" - you can load/preview/mix & save all from that, and simply drag and drop 1 or multiple files at once to audition.. and all you need to do is disable the CAB element on the axefx!..

I am not allowed to provide any format, in demo or release. WAV files are not just for the axefx, SysX & .ir files belong to Fractal Audio, and need to respect their terms.

Thanks
Andy

A word of warning if it hasn't already been mentioned elsewhere: The WAV files in the purchased package are 44.1k. Cab-Lab can covert them as-is, but they will not sound the same, so be sure to convert them to 48k first. The RAW mix files are stereo, so you will also need to convert them to mono.

UPDATE:

I have spent all day fixing a few bugs, and also giving the new Freq variations, but I'd advise to re-download what you need (purchace History)

-Added support for 44, 48, 88 & 96
-Fixed some stereo files that should have been mono (the RAW data)
-Fixed a few typos here and there.

Demo Rigs have also been updated, but are in the 44 variation.

Ok that's it... Enjoy!

View attachment 22266

Welcome to a new release from TheAmpFactory. - the new StudioDelta IR pack. (All WAV file)

These are now spread into singles, but you will get the better bonus to get the package deal to get more content and extras (plus a discount)

Loyal customers with Legends pack. please bear with us, - we were unable to get the discounts to work yet with our new system, so when we do, we have something fantastic & exclusive for you instead.. (more on that later)

For now, I urge you to try this new pack with your fav program/host/processor/rigs whatever it is may be. it SOUNDS wonderful with the AxeFX2!.

Although Im shattered, but I will be here all night to answer any questions if they arise. - there is also a Doc included to explain everything about it!..

Be well
Andy
theAmpFactory

EDIT: Under the FREE Section of my website is now a demo set of IR's!

Just curious as to why it is that you don't list the drivers that are used in these cabs?
Isn't the driver like the most important thing in the sound of a 1 X 12 cab?

Do any of these cabs have EVM 12L's in them by any chance?

@Joe, all the information you need is on the website.. - I was unable to post the full image here due to restrictive access on filesize. so I had to crop it!.

You logout automatically on closure of the site.

@Joe, all the information you need is on the website.. -

Then you'll have to tell me where because I can't find it.
All I can see at the "Info" url is the brand name of each cab in the collection.

You logout automatically on closure of the site.

If that's the case then it would be nice if it was stated somewhere on the site.

Thanks for responding and responding so quickly.

Long story short though... None of these cabs has an EVM 12L in them do they?

I know I sound like a broken record around here but I've been using a Fractal preamp since 2008 and in all that time NOBODY has come out with an EVM 12L in an open back 1 X 12 cab IR that comes ANYWHERE near capturing what a real EVM 12L in a 1 X 12 cab really sounds like.
It's really frustrating because that's the rig I've been using nearly all of my professional life since the 70s.
I've got 2 CLRs right now that sound about as good as an FRFR monitor can sound for monitoring the AXE FX II, but I don't use them because my real 12Ls sound so much better than any of the currently available IRs.

Many 12L IRs come real close to capturing the essential vibe of a real 12L but none of them capture the top end sizzle and most of them are also missing some lower mid girth.
E.g.
I've got 5 Presets dialed in for my humbucker equipped guitar (Clean Brite, Clean Dark, Mid Gain, Hi Gain, Blues) and 5 similar presets for my Strat.
These all sound great through any of my 1 X 12 EV loaded cabs.
But with EV IRs, maybe the cleans will be OK but the Gainy presets sound all wrong. Etc., etc., etc.
Or they sound good with the humbuckers but don't have the top end for the Strat. Etc., etc., etc.
If an IR was really nailing the response of these drivers in a similar cab then it should work equally as well across all 10 Presets. IMO

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but I don't anticipate too many people here jumping in to discuss my issues.
Not many of the commercial IR producers around here seem to be all that interested in these drivers anymore which is really a pity and makes no sense to me.

If you've got the cabs and drivers maybe you could create your own IR's. Of course you'll need mics and crap, but I mean if you really need/want it maybe you can work something out with someone who has the gear.

If you've got the cabs and drivers maybe you could create your own IR's. Of course you'll need mics and crap, but I mean if you really need/want it maybe you can work something out with someone who has the gear.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've tried a few times already.
I own an old Unidyne SM57 and have a few decent and one very good power amps.
I rented a test mic once but the IRs I got were shit.
The most recent UR IRs I shot of my favorite cab sound pretty much identical to what it sounds like to mic that cab the way I mic it.
If I was just recording something they might be fine.
But it's different when you're playing live or even just practicing at home, say through a CLR.
I've always looked at the recording process as a compromise.
The idea, for me, has always been about getting a good tone in the room where I'm playing and then trying to get a recording engineer to capture as much of that vibe as possible.
But I usually don't go for room mics or anything fancy.
It usually works out, after trying evreything conceivable, that a 57, close mic'd, off axis is the only "compromise" I can stand listening to.
lol

I'll be trying again sometime soon though because the last time I shot some IRs the Axe wasn't capable of saving them in the .ir format, just UR or Standard Res and I want to experiment with doing some mixes in Cab Lab.

Right after I posted my little rant in this thread I spent a few minutes trying to do some mixes of the very first IRs I ever bought, the RW Speakerbox 12L library, and utilizing some of the ambient mic positions.
It appears that some of that top end sizzle I've been missing can be had by mixing in an IR of the mic'd back of the cab.
To be fair to the various IR producers, I really haven't spent enough time experimenting with mixing various IRs.

Is it/will it be possible to build a stereo IR mix in CabLab, from these IRs, or some other way in AxeFX, like running two 'cabs' (panned left/right) containing the appropriate L/R IRs in each cab? I guess this question also applies to AxeFX and IRs in general - i don't quite have the whole AxeFX 'IR' world mapped out in my mind yet.

Cablab is mostly for UltraRes IR’s and UltraRes IR’s don’t support Stereo. To the best of my knowledge it’s not currently possible to build highres stereo IR’s with CabLab and my guess is that it won’t make it in there. FAS and almost everyone of the forum is moving on with UltraRes now and if you want stereo you’ll have to run 2 cab blocks.

Back
Top Bottom