The Year Of The Axe FX 3. A Huge Year For Fractal Indeed!

Considering the LB-1 and LB-2 were announced a year ago and haven't yet seen the light of day I think we still have some way to go before we'll see anything like an Axe Fx 3. My guess would be a venture further down the software route before we see a big hardware release...

Well if it is true that the main CPU chips fractal uses for the axe fx II are going away....then they would first have to have a better chip than that and find a place they can aquire a certian number of them to build units on....then be able to build their components around it. But frankly...I do NOT see a reason WHY we would need an axe fx III?? A "new toy" is always nice, but necessary?? I don't see it!

I'd rather see a Fractal audio interface or some other ancillary products. I have a feeling we're gonna see something in that category, but specifically what is anyone's guess.

YES!!! a big 4x12 FRFR speaker system, like 4 x CLR speakers or similar in one cabinet. A list of fractal FRFR speakers. 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, open back versions aswell. be an amazing choice. Big fractal 4x12 cabinet for backline. nice

Well if it is true that the main CPU chips fractal uses for the axe fx II are going away....then they would first have to have a better chip than that and find a place they can aquire a certian number of them to build units on....then be able to build their components around it. But frankly...I do NOT see a reason WHY we would need an axe fx III?? A "new toy" is always nice, but necessary?? I don't see it!

there are much much better DSP chips on the market now, more expensive, but already available. There is always plenty of room for upgrades and new ways to empty our wallets. im in! .

AxeFx XL+II
A12x XL+
Maybe an all in one solution.
AxeFx XL+ with a power amp and speaker = AmpFx A8x+
:D

its a growing company, we will see all of the above for sure without any doubt what so ever. Just as long as it stays in the hands of USA builders, and doesn't head to china, then ill buy.

...Historically, it only makes sense to roll out new technology when current sales have leveled off, or a competitive advantage has been lost...

Nailed it! Fractal isn't the typical software company that feels compelled to release new versions of the same thing on a regular basis just to get existing customers to buy the "Next Big Thing". (I spent nearly 20 years with a software company that did exactly that, so I know the game.) Fractal already owns the "Big Thing" market, so it makes no sense at the present time to go through the expense of releasing a new version of the hardware. And we get new software so frequently that it's hard for a lot of us to keep up as it is.

From Cliff back on 12/14/2017 responding to question about release date of the LB-2 load box:

"We hope to start shipping these soon. At the moment we're backlogged with Axe-Fx II and AX-8 orders so we haven't had time to assemble and test the LB-2."

IOW - They are selling like hot cakes. Of course the Nov-Dec sale price helped. I believe the AXE/FX is still on sale.

My guess is a more powerful version of the ax8 with a modern interface ala Helix/Headrush.
UI and ease of use are the only fields where competitors have some advantage over Fractal and I wouldn't be surprised if Fractal will try to fill that gap with a new product.

Well this never ending black friday "sale" at Fractal is usually a good indicator "something" new is coming.
Really Fractal, $1699? I just paid full blown retail for my AFX II XL+ and MFC like six months ago from the web store...

Nailed it! Fractal isn't the typical software company that feels compelled to release new versions of the same thing on a regular basis just to get existing customers to buy the "Next Big Thing". (I spent nearly 20 years with a software company that did exactly that, so I know the game.) Fractal already owns the "Big Thing" market, so it makes no sense at the present time to go through the expense of releasing a new version of the hardware. And we get new software so frequently that it's hard for a lot of us to keep up as it is.

Isn't releasing new versions of the same thing basically Line 6's modus operandi?

Well this never ending black friday "sale" at Fractal is usually a good indicator "something" new is coming.
Really Fractal, $1699? I just paid full blown retail for my AFX II XL+ and MFC like six months ago from the web store...

At least you get a shot at ordering things from the web store. Us Europeans NEVER get that opportunity.

My guess is a more powerful version of the ax8 with a modern interface ala Helix/Headrush.
UI and ease of use are the only fields where competitors have some advantage over Fractal and I wouldn't be surprised if Fractal will try to fill that gap with a new product.

I would buy such a product. I am always happy with the tones I'm getting from my Axe but not with the lack of quick adjustments. I've been using the MidyAX2 software to use an Arturia Beatstep to give me some on-the-fly control and it's a great improvement.

its a growing company, we will see all of the above for sure without any doubt what so ever. Just as long as it stays in the hands of USA builders, and doesn't head to china, then ill buy.

Bad news for you is that it’s moved to China already. Ax8 used to have final assembly (of a bunch of parts all made overseas already) done in the US, but new production has moved to China. Same, if not better quality, at likely a better price point, allowing the current pricing and production volume to keep up with demand.

As with most products, it’s designed in one place, built in another. I’m as American as anyone, but I could care less where something is made, as long as it’s built to high standards and at a fair price.

I wonder if any of our worldwide Fractal users feel the same silly nationalism? Are guitarist in say England or France refusing to buy the AxeFX because it’s not made in their country?

Any Canadian citizens only buy made in the USA products ? Or in their case only made in Canada ? If so, they are certainly missing out on a ton of products.... I mean heck, can’t buy a USA fender, can’t get a MIM fender, can’t get a MIJ fender....

Has Fender ever made guitars in Canada....? What’s a good nationalistic guitar player to do ?

My prediction: Fractal cookies.
Fractal_cookies_so_yeah.jpg

My friend you are late to the party...

secret_sauce.jpg

Bad news for you is that it’s moved to China already. Ax8 used to have final assembly (of a bunch of parts all made overseas already) done in the US, but new production has moved to China. Same, if not better quality, at likely a better price point, allowing the current pricing and production volume to keep up with demand.

As with most products, it’s designed in one place, built in another. I’m as American as anyone, but I could care less where something is made, as long as it’s built to high standards and at a fair price.

I wonder if any of our worldwide Fractal users feel the same silly nationalism? Are guitarist in say England or France refusing to buy the AxeFX because it’s not made in their country?

Any Canadian citizens only buy made in the USA products ? Or in their case only made in Canada ? If so, they are certainly missing out on a ton of products.... I mean heck, can’t buy a USA fender, can’t get a MIM fender, can’t get a MIJ fender....

Has Fender ever made guitars in Canada....? What’s a good nationalistic guitar player to do ?

Well im Irish and only drink Guinness that's made here;-), but other than that - quality and price point, reliability + good support... if a product hits the right balance there for me I couldn't care less where it's made

I see the AX8 or whatever # with LCDs ala Liquid foot.
This is the logical step- imho. And perhaps more routing.
Personally I am fine. Saving for an XL+ since I sold mine last year. Ax8 is fine but I want both.

Back
Top Bottom