The World is ready for the AX8 - XL

AAEN

Experienced
The AX8-XL is the axe fx-XL and Mfc in one great board.

Same Price as the two combined.

If it is technically possible I see no reason why not.

I even believe that the combined sales would increase.

Kind regards and Best wishes for the new year.

AAEN

I hope so, down the road. Fractal is a young company. I bet they will create something fantastic down the road. It's only logical.

I hope so, down the road. Fractal is a young company. I bet they will create something fantastic down the road. It's only logical.
Nokia had great products as a young company. They were #1 easy. There's no "logic" in the market ;)
If you're good, people follow. If not, they go to something else.

so funny...Fractal just released a real kick a$$ pedal and they are still trying to get it into the hands of the masses...not a single firmware update, very little in the way of YouTube videos showing off the thing and we are already talking "the next big thing".

I am not being critical of the idea, just amused at how gear heads are always looking ahead...or usage differently. Not coming from a former Fractal product I have trouble understanding why you would need more horsepower to set up gig ready tones etc. I admit I am a vanilla player in the sense I haven't set up complex routing ( I use an amp, cab, delay, reverb maybe a wah)...maybe if I did I would understand.

Anyway, I guess all this talk is a testimony to how great the Fractal stuff really is...

I would like that. Add in scribble strips and lighted footswitches. My FX8 is hard to see in the dark, screen is great, but hard to see footswitches unless X/Y or Screen light is lit up.

The AX8-XL is the axe fx-XL and Mfc in one great board.

Same Price as the two combined.

If it is technically possible I see no reason why not.

I even believe that the combined sales would increase.

Kind regards and Best wishes for the new year.

AAEN

I would love to see the footswitch integration of the AX8/AX8 edit added to Axe Edit for an XL+/MFC rig. It simplifies a lot of things.

as far as the ax8 xl it would be huge and heavy, taking away from the portability which is the reason in the first place?

I would like to have mind control over my FAS units.

And then I would come here and bitch about it doing the weird stuff on my mind.

Nah - I would settle for actually being able to buy the AX8 at all.

Happy New Year!

The sharc chips in XL need to be cooled. Not enough space for that in an Mfc frame

Long time has passed since the first fractal was introduced. Maybe cooling has develloped enough to minimize the size of it.

A little bigger pedal than the mfc doesnt bother me. Maybe it would make room for a pedal As well.

The price? A price at the same AS the Axe + mfc would enable buyers to get the High quality in a format that suits the individual.

The interest Shown in regard to the release of the AX8 makes it evident that a market for a floorbased HIGH quality guitar processor exists.

Kindest regards

AAEN

Its high quality. BUT with limitations.........

I AM getting an AX8 but I definitely would be willing to pay down the extra bucks for the Mothership :)

AAEN

Its high quality. BUT with limitations.........

I AM getting an AX8 but I definitely would be willing to pay down the extra bucks for the Mothership :)

AAEN

I want this same thing. I actually worked on a few designs to just build the XL+ and MFC into a pedalboard, but the XL+ is just too big to make it work (especially because you have to be able to read the display, turn the knobs, etc.). I would LOVE for this product to exist. Weight not a factor for me, but having everything fit in the pedalboard important...

People don't even have the ax8's yet. Funny how people dump the II's for the ax8's and then complain about it not being powerful enough, rats nest of cables, etc. I'm guessing probably down the road.

But having my liquidfoot 12+ out front is pushing the limits of what i want to be stepping on and having in the line of fire so to speak. IMHO.

Yes I think if someone wants to expand the role of the foot level controllers, spending time writing a custom MIDI pedal/controller setup using various existing MIDI controllers is the way to go and let the XL/XL+ and so on stay at the back.

Long time has passed since the first fractal was introduced. Maybe cooling has develloped enough to minimize the size of it.

A little bigger pedal than the mfc doesnt bother me. Maybe it would make room for a pedal As well.

The price? A price at the same AS the Axe + mfc would enable buyers to get the High quality in a format that suits the individual.

The interest Shown in regard to the release of the AX8 makes it evident that a market for a floorbased HIGH quality guitar processor exists.

Kindest regards

AAEN
People asked cliff about using the sharc's in the ii in the fx/ax and he sites cost and them needing to be cooled among the reason's why they were not used

I realize the cost part doesn't matter in this proposal but the cooling is big deal. Let me say that if this product ever happened I would definitely be interested. As for form factor I am all about it being a big bigger if need be but so many guys complain wishing things were smaller. There will always be unhappy ppl

Back
Top Bottom