The World has amazing talents, and they are not always where you expect

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Every year or so, I am helping my good Swedish friend, owner and founder of a travel agency Kinalotsen with managing “return trips” for adopting parents to China.

Perhaps like 10 + years ago the parents came here and adopted a child. Many families want to come back to visit the town and orphanage where their child lived a year of so before being adopted.

During the actual adaptation trip there is usually very little (or no) time for visiting orphanage, talk to the staff or nannies etc. It’s often a very sterile exercise with government buildings, documents and lots of red stamps. Often just a day or two, very intense and I am sure very overwhelming for most people in a country far away from home and nobody, or most likely less than nobody speak any English apart from the official appointed translator.

So after 10 years or so many families choose to go back and can more relaxed visit the orphanage, stay in the town for a few days, see the founding spot of their child etc. Also with a Swedish person (like me) that can help them with translations from native Swedish to Chinese and vice versa.

Of course there are cases when children don’t get adopted and living at the orphanage like their home. Like this young boy, 18 years old who is deaf-mute (hope that is the correct term). But massively talented in drawing. Wasn’t able to catch photos of lots of his work, just a sketch work in progress and a selfie together.

You never know where you going to bump into people that amazes you, it could be at the very least place you expect.
jiangxi1.jpg jiangxi2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom