The wireless unit you love?

Had a g90 for years and never had any issues with it. Recently got a GLXD when i got an AX8 to keep everything on the board as i stopped carrying a rack.

G55, zero issues, cheap, reliable, can't tell a difference from cable tone

I'm sure one could spend more, but I don't think I at least would be able to notice any difference in tone

Picked up a Shure GLDX14R and have since tossed my G90 to the side. Unbelievable battery life (17hours 15 minutes), and rechargeable as well. If you have the coin I highly suggest this series.

To the OP.. seems like folks responding here are happy with the units they have .. be that L6 or Shure.
Not many seem to use the Senn D1, but I did a bunch of research and talked with Senn AND my Sweetwater guy about it.
Not in your budget range, and NOT pedalboard-sized but I'm very happy with it.
Perhaps saving for a "quality" unit might be worth it?

Another happy Line 6 G50 user here. I did recently have to buy a new beltpack/transmitter, though. The batteries leaked inside of it and corroded the inside of the battery compartment and caused it to randomly turn off. I don't think this had any reflection on the product itself. Before this, it worked flawlessly for 2 years without a single hiccup, which is why I had no hesitation buying another one.

I think I'm going to invest in rechargeable batteries, though, once I get through this pack of AAs. After a one and half hour show, even on low power, they will not last another hour and a half show. The G50 RIPS through batteries.

Line6 G50 started developing problems after trying to use rechargeables. Since then I tape the door tight with painters tape. No more problems.

I use a G50 too and have for about four years. I think it's good overall and I bought it when it was ~$400. Just wish the cable to the body-pack was longer (yes, I'm going to order one... when I get around to it... ha!) I had ONE gig where the sound cut in/out and it seemed like it was wireless related but I can't be sure and it's never happened again, even at the same venue.

Very happy with my G90. I got it to replace a G30, mainly because I wanted a rack mounted receiver. I still keep the G30 in my gear bag as a backup.

I have the G70. Since the axe-fx is in a rack, the G70 is mounted on the front of the rack facing out.
Here's a photo. https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2880/33924988441_d1a8ca5d99_k.jpg

It must not be designed to run this way because it cuts out if my body is between transmitter and receiver. I've put on a few pounds, but not THAT many.

It's a problem. I did a pool party and ran about 40ft away playing and watching two g-string girls with their butts sticking up from a blow-up double inner tube shaped like 2 cherries.
I couldn't concentrate on my playing at all. Not because of their perfect g-stringed butts, but because I cut out at least three times.

Any ideas on resolving this?
If not, I'm happy to trade someone for the Shure GLXD16

Last edited:
I have the G70. Since the axe-fx is in a rack, the in G70 mounted on the front of the rack facing out.
Here's a photo. https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2880/33924988441_d1a8ca5d99_k.jpg

It must not be designed to run this way because it cuts out if my body is between transmitter and receiver. I've put on a few pounds, but not THAT many.

It's a problem. I did a pool party and ran about 40ft away playing and watching two g-string girls with their butts sticking up from a blow-up double inner tube shaped like 2 cherries.
I couldn't concentrate on my playing at all. Not because of their perfect g-stringed butts, but because I cut out at least three times.

Any ideas on resolving this?
If not, I'm happy to trade someone for the Shure GLXD16
Best. Post. Ever. Hahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom