The Who - Very Early Performance Video

OMG thanks.

"...their individuality is based on an overwhelming use of amplification and sound distortion"

NvEsL2v.png

I still can hear my father saying "What kind of an idiot smashes their guitar? They will be a gimmicky flash in the pan."

Ten years later when Squeez Box hit the top ten and got news play because of the lyrics he actually thought it was a catchy tune and told me "I was wrong about many of the groups you liked. They have stood through time." After I got up off the floor I thanked him for admitting that followed promptly by a lot of "I told you so's".

The reply was simply "Get a f'ing haircut". LOL I couldn't post what was said when the Doors and The Animals did their thing on TV. I'd be banned. :D

Thanks for sharing Toopy!

I was lucky enough to witness a very young Who in the summer of 68 right before they went Into studio for Tommy., I think it was one of the last of the gear smashing era..changed my life.
This vid got right to the heart of it.

I saw them in the late 80’s, sadly, without Keith Moon of course. They still put on a great show though.

That was killer. Saw them a few times in the 80's and got to go to the Tommy show in LA w/ all the guest stars.
One of my all time favorite bands. I need to put them on my short list of bands to listen to soon.

It's funny to see Pete go so crazy on stage and then be so timid afterwards in the interview. Also, I like the happy look on his face after he threw his guitar and apparently got the feedback that he liked.

Now the closest we could get would be... the big climax of the song... and you rip the plastic screen cover off the display. The crowd goes wild!!!

Back
Top Bottom