The Wah wah and whammy!

Gorilla

Experienced
Anyone using these on their setups? Are you totally 100% happy with them (sounds wise)? Just asking because I really want to use them in my Axe II. But they just don't sound as full as my Dunlop cry baby and my digitech whammy pedal. Using Mission engineering pedals. I usually have my whammy set for 1 or 2 octaves up on full and default when not stepped on.

Any tips or special settings I just don't know about? Thanks

I just sold my two 535's, and my original Digitech Whammy pedal. Axe FX crushes them all IMHO. I think the Axe wah is closing in on the Dunlop Rack Wah as far as I'm concerned. If your wah sounds too thin you need to tweak some more especially if you are comparing it to a stock Crybaby which to me always sound too thin. That's why I used the 535's. I used one for low riffing type stuff on my 7 strings and the other for the 'shaft' 'wacka wacka' type sounds. As for the whammy pedal... again the Axe wins hands down. I'm an Ultra user, for the next day at least!!! I get my II tomorrow. I set it up for auto engage and use one or sometimes two octaves up. The tracking is waaaaaaay better than Digitech and I don't have any loss of high end like with my original whammy pedal.

Put those pedal on eBay dude and don't look back. All I have on my pedal board now is my LFP controller and 4 nodded Crybaby chassis as expression pedals. I refuse to pay mission for something that I can do myself. Their pedals look cooler and that's about it. That being said, I haven't actually tried them, but I hear almost entirely good things about them.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

120% realer satisfied. :D

Check Yek's wiki for settings. I was a very finicky and picky boutique wah owner... till the Axe-FX.

I just sold my two 535's, and my original Digitech Whammy pedal. Axe FX crushes them all IMHO. I think the Axe wah is closing in on the Dunlop Rack Wah as far as I'm concerned..

I have a dunlop rack wah and the Ultra wah was near identical ...I couldn't believe it .....
I haven't a/b'ed the II but I'm sure its close....

cool, I'll check Yeks page. But when I recorded my wah wah lead on a tune. I reeally wanted to use the Axe Fx II wah but it couldn't hold a candle to my cry baby wah>>> Here's the wah lead about 2:39 into the song. Hear that whacka :lolwhacka:lol whacka toneish :lolsound hahahaha I guess thats what ya' call it. The Axe FX couldn't do it like that! It wasn't even close. And trust me I WANT MY AXE FX WAH TO SOUND like the whacka whacka hehehe

I want you to be able to waka waka waka too. Means I can do it also. This can be figured out. What crybaby is it exactly?

Hi
with reference to whammy:
had digitech wh4 and wh1 and ultra: imho the wh1 strikes the wh4 noticeable in terms of clarity and depth (and noise!). the ultra gave me the wh1 feel without any limitation. i would say the signal was even clearer (which i like) with the same kind of depth. got the little red box since then only for backup ;)
cheers!

u can measure every piece of gear as long its only frequency related .. just take a DAW put some white noise on and push the pedal .. now u can analyze your frequency response and edit the wah block in your axe to fit the real deal

i own a original cry baby and have not used it one single time since i got my axe :D the standard wah sound in the axe sounds better imho

I have the original cry baby wah too. But... can you gys post a wah lead or something? I'm really wanting to just use my Axe II wah but it just DOES NOT have that cry baby sound. Just doesn't ... or I just have my wah block not setup right. And we spent like 4 hours tweakin' just that block! Gin, Grax, Animal, Shotgunn, Funeral, Scott anyone link me to a tune with the Axe Fx wah in it please. I'm just not hearin' what ya'll are hearing I guess lol. One cool thing though...... I have my Axe Fx whammy pretty much setup now YEEE HAAWWWW

If you go to 4:09 in my tune... Hear that wah part? My Axe Fx wah can't do that tone waka waka

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom