The Value knob is push clickable

I keep wanting to use it as a direction joystick instead of the arrow keys, which is one thing it doesn’t do.

On my Native Instruments keyboard they have a rotary encoder you can also use as a direction pad, so I keep trying to make this one do that function

It’s nice though having a few different ways to confirm screens and acces parameters on the III, everyone works a little differently so you can use the row of buttons, the main encoder etc all to achieve the same task

Clicking the Value knob is a shortcut to Layout - very useful when editing.

Enjoy!
That’s the advantage of waiting in line for a production unit. The early beta units don’t have that feature. I’m jealous. :)

Is it just my unit that gets stuck in the current preset after pushing the Value knob? Anything special needs to be done to exit? So basically if i switch to some preset when its name and scenes are displayed, then push the Value knob which gets me to the Layout view, I just cannot get out of that preset until I reboot the unit. When I press Exit button the screen just blinks and the unit stays in the same preset. The grid/inner views are fully operational. I'm on 1.07

You should probably create a new thread, but I doubt anything is wrong with the firmware. If you press the Home button and then page over to Presets, can you see the presets and switch them? I think the "Exit" button behaves differently on the III than the II, unfortunately, I'm not in front of mine to confirm this at the moment. I believe @chris has mentioned this in one of his III navigation tutorials.

Is it just my unit that gets stuck in the current preset after pushing the Value knob? Anything special needs to be done to exit? So basically if i switch to some preset when its name and scenes are displayed, then push the Value knob which gets me to the Layout view, I just cannot get out of that preset until I reboot the unit. When I press Exit button the screen just blinks and the unit stays in the same preset. The grid/inner views are fully operational. I'm on 1.07

By design. When you jump to the Layout grid by pressing Value, you can't use Exit to get back to the Home page. Just press Home to return to the Home page.

that button going back to the Layout is a great shortcut.

before when editing something like reverb block and no layout option displaying ,I was hitting home-Layout every time to get back to the grid

Thanks for the tip on this one made life a lot easier

that button going back to the Layout is a great shortcut.

before when editing something like reverb block and no layout option displaying ,I was hitting home-Layout every time to get back to the grid

Thanks for the tip on this one made life a lot easier

Indeed. Pressing Value takes you immediately to the grid, at ANY point in ANY menu. So, also in a Setup menu, modifier menu etc. A fantastic shortcut.

Back
Top Bottom