The unofficial MODERATED waiting list

Skanky

Inspired
Ok, so if there are two things I have learned...

1. The unofficial waiting list was pretty cool when it was working - and yes, I know it is UNOFFICIAL (see disclaimer below)
2. I hate douchebags

So in an attempt to fix the above 2 issues... I have thought of a way to fix the problem with said douchebags hosing the list time and time again.

I am introducing the Unofficial MODERATED Waiting List

The key here is that it will be a MODERATED waiting list. What does this mean? Well, for starters:

* - the list can't be $^@#!%^'ed up without knowing exactly who did it
* - only people who have been given "collaborator" status can edit the list. Everyone else can simply view the list.
* - it's going to be REALLY easy to become a collaborator
* - if you want to have something added/changed to the list, you MUST either become a collaborator, or contact one so they can update the information for you.

To make this work (and it WILL work)... I need collaborators! The more we get, the easier it will be to keep this thing up to date and correct. This list will NOT be updated at all unless I have volunteers that wish to become collaborators. I have enough things to worry about, and I already have my Axe-FX2. I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart. Suck it.

BECOME A COLLABORATOR
You'll need a valid gmail address... post it here, or send me a PM if you don't want to have it made public.
Once you've been given collaborator status, you can add, delete, format, modify, etc. to keep the list up to date.
Now that you are a collaborator, share in the glory of being able to help out your brethren by keeping this "unofficial" list as correct as possible.

DISCLAIMER
This is an UNOFFICIAL waiting list, and is in NO WAY associated with Fractal Audio, Cliff, or anyone else. It is simply a gathering of information solely from forum members here on a volunteer basis. Fractal Audio has the official waiting list, and it is not public information. DO NOT CONTACT FRACTAL AUDIO ABOUT YOUR POSITION ON THIS LIST OR THEIR LIST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This spreadsheet was restored from a version on 8/19/2011. It is sorely out-of-date, and needs a lot of work to get it up-to-date. Please, if you have information that can be used for making this list more complete, please post it here so a collaborator can get it updated.

Nice of you to give of your time, but a good solution seems like just posting if/when you get your coupon in the wait list thread. Not to sound like a nay sayer, but I think you'll have a hard time getting basically creating a sub-forum just for wait list status when the "I got my coupon xxx date and xxx time" posted in the thread really does the job.

Good luck. Just as an FYI you don't necessarily have to have a @gmail.com address for google docs. Your email address just has to be registered with google.

Email sent from Brazil on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 6:15 PM <- I have no idea if this is brazilian time (GMT -3) or...

Nice of you to give of your time, but a good solution seems like just posting if/when you get your coupon in the wait list thread. Not to sound like a nay sayer, but I think you'll have a hard time getting basically creating a sub-forum just for wait list status when the "I got my coupon xxx date and xxx time" posted in the thread really does the job.

I disagree. It's basically impossible to sort out 50+ pages of posts to figure out what the heck is happening with the list. It's a disorganized mess at best.

So, I have some time today.... and am going through the posts in the waiting list thread to get as much updated as I can.

Anyone want to help?

I think I have everything up to date now.

If anyone has waiting list information that they would like to share, please post here - I'll update it on the list when I have the time... or if you want to become a collaborator, I'll grant you access so you can update it yourself (and help out others too!).

Thanks pal, I really appreciate your effort. By the way, Porkchop Xpress said that he had received his cupon too four days ago.

Cheers!

Just to clarify I am on the list twice for some reason. listing ccain and cc2ss are me. The listing under ccain on 7/11 at 8:47 is the one I entered. So in short line number 323 can be deleted. 321 shows the correct time as well

Thanks pal, I really appreciate your effort. By the way, Porkchop Xpress said that he had received his cupon too four days ago.

Cheers!

Email sent 6/22/11 at 11:11 p.m. CST. No coupon yet.

Thanks for your effort!

Mesa

Hey Skanky, thanks for re-doing the list. I emailed Aug 26 11 AM. If you could add me to the list. I am on this forum enough I could help with the postings. societysinfection@hotmail.com . Let me know,

Just to clarify I am on the list twice for some reason. listing ccain and cc2ss are me. The listing under ccain on 7/11 at 8:47 is the one I entered. So in short line number 323 can be deleted. 321 shows the correct time as well

Done, done, and done!

And we have our first collaborator! Woo hoo! Thanks AkakorMo

Thanks for this. I see you have me on there already, I'll keep you updated on my status.

I have to say that this is one of the coolest forums I've ever been a part of. I belong to several that span many different hobbies of mine. I can't wait until I own a Fractal and have a chance to take part in more than just the waiting list threads.

Rock on my brothers !

:D

Last edited:
Well, you probably should have allowed this one and sent the other one to the "Lounge", because every other day some idiot deletes the list from the other thread, rendering it pretty much useless...at least with this one someone is moderating the list.

It's all good. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers - I honestly forgot about the "only one waiting list thread" mandate. I'm sure not going to rock the boat of the company whose product I own, use, and admire.

I posted earlier saying I was on the unofficial list twice in error. Now I am not on the list at all. Doesn't really matter but I sent my email 7/11 at 8:47pm. Although I also put up a post complaining about everyone bitchin at fractal (I was supporting fractal) earlier and that seems to be deleted so it's possible I am not on the official list anymore either. Find out someday...

Just to clarify, the reason I think just posting in the thread works is because the most relevant bit of information is what time of email is getting served, and what time you sent your email. No need to see all the history. But if you see it differently, and you think it's worth your time, knock yourself out! ; )

Back
Top Bottom