The Ultra Still Rips

Checkyrtune

I am pretty much brand new to Fractal Audio. I heard about the Ultra way back when it came out, but had no need for one. Six months ago I picked one up on a whim and it has totally changed my approach to finding guitar sounds. There are a couple downsides to getting an ultra. No USB is a drag, and maybe I am just missing something but I can’t seem to get the reverbs to be ‘true stereo’. Other than that, I love my piece and I’m happy to be a straggler on the fractal train. Here’s a mix I did where the guitars and bass were all tracked through the same patch on the Ultra. I think it holds up really well against any of the tones I’ve gotten with ‘real’ amps.

Big love to Cliff Chase. He’s made a truly timeless piece of gear in the Axe Ultra

That definitely brings the brootalz!

Still have my Standard after 10 years. Now, I mainly play through an AX8 because it is more convenient to lug around and set up. Otherwise, I would likely still be using the Standard. It was phenomenal 10 years ago and that has not changed regardless of newer more phenomenal versions of the Axe-Fx being released.

hope you get a chance to read this
i recently got an ultra, im searching for different patches to work with
would you share your patch please !!
love your sound. using my ultra through a 50w 5153

Back
Top Bottom