The two new Factory Cab 58 & 59

i also wonder why the default low res freq for most of the marshalls is set to 114hz, which again, doesn't work out if you assume greenbacks or v30's, which both have their low resonance at 75Hz. i'm wondering how cliff came up with 114...
i think it's better to think about cab as the whole system, not just 4 speakers piled on the table.

"Now it’s time to take it a step further and examine speaker cabinets themselves, these simple-seeming boxes that many guitarists consider just a “carrying case” of sorts for the drivers, but which add resonance and color to every note you play.

In combination with the speakers themselves, the cabinet into which they are mounted contributes enormously to an amplifier’s overall tone. The size and construction of the cabinet influences resonance, low-end content, projection, and even frequency content"
just a quote from gibson tone tips

"Now it’s time to take it a step further and examine speaker cabinets themselves, these simple-seeming boxes that many guitarists consider just a “carrying case” of sorts for the drivers, but which add resonance and color to every note you play.

In combination with the speakers themselves, the cabinet into which they are mounted contributes enormously to an amplifier’s overall tone. The size and construction of the cabinet influences resonance, low-end content, projection, and even frequency content"
just a quote from gibson tone tips
Absolutely.

I have a couple 1x12 Bogner Cube clones and only very specific speakers sound good in there. Some WGS speakers that sound fantastic in a 2x12 sound terrible in the 1x12.

Back
Top Bottom