The TRUE cost of your new guitar

bwanagary

Administrator
Here’s how you figure out their true cost:
  1. Get the best price on the guitar from somewhere
  2. Freight to your house is magic – you don’t mention that
  3. Find a piece of jewelry that your wife LOVES that costs about 70%-150% of the cost of the guitar
  4. Schedule them to both arrive at your home at about the same time
  5. Play your wife’s favorite song first :) (this is critical)
  6. Take her out for a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant
Then you’re golden :p

So the formula is:

Guitar + 70% (jewelry) + guitar_freight + dinner for 2 = final cost ☺ ☺ ☺
Lol.

My wife is easy. She does shoes. Couple pairs of shoes for each guitar. We are close to 200 pair of shoes!

Here’s how you figure out their true cost:
  1. Get the best price on the guitar from somewhere
  2. Freight to your house is magic – you don’t mention that
  3. Find a piece of jewelry that your wife LOVES that costs about 70%-150% of the cost of the guitar
  4. Schedule them to both arrive at your home at about the same time
  5. Play your wife’s favorite song first :) (this is critical)
  6. Take her out for a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant
Then you’re golden :p

So the formula is:

Guitar + 70% (jewelry) + guitar_freight + dinner for 2 = final cost ☺ ☺ ☺
Lol.

You're doing it wrong :D
-
Austin

Tried all those...

My (Ex) wife would bemoan the fact that I:
-Bought a guitar when I had 4 of them already (arent' these damn'd things all the same????).
-Didn't do a 6-12 month 'vetting' period where we would *think* about it.
-Rail endlessly that I actually drained precious monetary resources by taking her to dinner to waste cash on fine Filet and sumptuous cocktails/wine (argument ensues.)

For a few years, it was enough to play 'Danny's Song', or one of the other 1000 sappy tunes I know. But in the end, it was easier on both our nerves to just move on.

Funny, after we got divorced, we were able to file tax returns jointly for the last time. She offered to throw the money at another musical purchase for me out of the clear...blue...sky. And to this day, as co-parents of twin girls, she throws cash at me for things related for no reason at all (and I make PLENTY of money in my techie persona.)

Even at my age, I will never understand women.

My method has always been to 'show' one guitar leaving as one is arriving.
Wife - 'what are you doing?'
Me - 'I think I'm gonna sell this guitar and maybe get something else'. (guitar goes to basement)

New guitar arrives. No questions are asked.

Or, if I buy local (friend or Craigslist), guitar goes to the basement as soon as I get home.
Stays there for a while.
Comes into the house later for me to set it up.
Wife - 'hey is that new?'
Me - 'no, I've had it for a while' (not a lie)

I have so much gear I can move new stuff in un-noticed lol.

My rationale when asked is:

Q: "Is that new???" A: "No"

Technically if I bought it used it's not new, and after I unbox a new item, well it's not new either. That's what I tell myself anyway lol

Even at my age, I will never understand women.
Ah, my dear friend... it is not to be. No man understands women. Those who think they do are the most duped by the fairer sex. This is what makes women so wonderful to us. And I dare say, vise versa.

I am blessed with a wife who doesn't care what I buy if it doesn't mess with our budget. I've been double blessed to be in a band that actually makes a profit! Band money goes to music stuff, keeping me, the wife, and the tax man happy.

I don't understand my wife either. Thank God for that.

redditpics.com_.png

My wife is smart (or malicious) : She tells me "buy it if you want it"... Then i'm starting to think "Do i really need another one ?"... Then i don't buy

The last big musical purchases I made was a Darkglass B7K Ultra back in March, an OLP baritone in 2016, and the AFX in 2015. Every single time my GF was happy for me and almost as excited as I was. I'm lucky in that I don't have to hide anything from her.

I have so much gear I can move new stuff in un-noticed lol.

My rationale when asked is:

Q: "Is that new???" A: "No"

Technically if I bought it used it's not new, and after I unbox a new item, well it's not new either. That's what I tell myself anyway lol

I think that is a perfectly rational. I think I'll do that as well (as I snuck in a 2007 Les Paul last night that weights 7lbs....that's right, 7lbs even.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom