The Toruk Has landed!

Just got back from gig.

All I can say is that one is more than enough for pub gigs. These puppies are loud and the cut through the mix like a hot knife through butter.

No cab SIMS where injured during tonight's performance.

I used all the patches I ported over to work with the NL12 (without sims) and they sounded fantastic. I did some minor tweaking to the Twin patch at the gig but nothing major.

all I can say is this this IMO is a major technological break through.

If you gig with the Axe -- you need one ... period.

I will write-up a full review over the next few days. I have a couple of more gigs coming up and will use only one in one and two in the other.

file_zpsa8584442.jpg

I've just got a Q12 and so far struggling to like it.. I know you'v had/have one as well, how do you think the NL12 and Q12 compare for live use? (live only, I'm not concerned with studio or recording)

I've just got a Q12 and so far struggling to like it.. I know you'v had/have one as well, how do you think the NL12 and Q12 compare for live use? (live only, I'm not concerned with studio or recording)

Two different animals. I like them both.

When you say you are struggling with the q12 what do you mean?

Personally I think the Q12 coupled with the Matrix GT1000Fx kills.

Did you try my basic preset for the Q12?

That preset is dialed in and just about everybody that used it with a similar setup have had immediate success with it.

FW 11b version
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1530

FW10 version
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1449

Yea, as per my other thread I like the cleans on your preset, but I'm struggling to get a good Rock tone I like.

Yea, as per my other thread I like the cleans on your preset, but I'm struggling to get a good Rock tone I like.

Scenes 4 and 5 on the Twin/Tweed patch rock out (I think)

OK try this one (not high gain but more classic rock)

1. Fender Tweed
this is sort of my basic rock patch (good for Stones/Clapton etc) -- I use this one on a couple of songs

1. Southside Johnny (having a Party)
2. Shakey Ground
3. The Letter (Joe cocker version)
4. Hard to Handle (Black Crowes)
5.Gimme One Reason (Clapton/Chapman)

Two patches

Tweed 11 Cab is for the NL12
Fender Tweed is for the Q12

If you are looking for high gain, head banging or 80's hair band type of stuff --
I am sorry but can't help you out there... just not my thing.

Attachments

• Fender Tweed 11 Cab.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Fender Tweed.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thx.
My pickups must be hotter (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless SC) or I just bang on the strings too hard :)
I just went to the output tab to adjust the volume down for 4 and 5 and a little up on 1.
Very sweet preset!!! This will be great for a standard template for me.
Thanks for sharing
Greg

Thx.
My pickups must be hotter (Samarium Cobalt Noiseless SC) or I just bang on the strings too hard :)
I just went to the output tab to adjust the volume down for 4 and 5 and a little up on 1.
Very sweet preset!!! This will be great for a standard template for me.
Thanks for sharing
Greg

My pickups are not hot so I am glad you figured it out!

Enjoy and play loud!

OK here we go -- hybrid preset for NL12

Using Cab SIMs with the NL12

This sounds absolutely sick. this is a work in progress -- but it sounds freak'n huge.

Note: need fw11b

Same basic scene structure 5 scenes

1. clean Twin
2. compressor - Twin
3. RCB Boost - Twin
4. BB Pre -Twin
5. Lead Amp change to Deluxe Tweed

I actually set up two different amp blocks because I needed to further tweak the Twin (three different settings).

Here is the patch - when it is finalized I will upload to Axe-Exchange

Attachments

• Twin Tweed FW11 CS1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Got my 66 Bandmaster back (it almost became a "permanent loaner") and quickly tried it through the NL12s.

sounded fantastic.

Will make some clips over the weekend.

I have a parallel splitter so I can run both NL12s in parallel normalizing the load with the 4 Ohm Fender Bandmaster.

Back
Top Bottom