The Toruk Has landed!

:mrgreen

file_zps714a058f.jpg

PLEASE, please tell me those are NOT your sandals. ;)

Sorry man I wasn't talking about just your clips. It's just that I’m really picky about my tone and that's why I got the Axe. The problem with using cab sims or not is that if you use overdrive or distortion you'll hear the flaws easier. I don't mean to bash the product. I'm just honestly worried that it's unbearably bright so people use cabs to compensate for it which is fine for cleans for sure but if the cab isn't FRFR but instead has a character and you use cab sims with overdrive you'll get a different tone out of the NL12 and to FOH. :)

Sorry man I wasn't talking about just your clips. It's just that I’m really picky about my tone and that's why I got the Axe. The problem with using cab sims or not is that if you use overdrive or distortion you'll hear the flaws easier. I don't mean to bash the product. I'm just honestly worried that it's unbearably bright so people use cabs to compensate for it which is fine for cleans for sure but if the cab isn't FRFR but instead has a character and you use cab sims with overdrive you'll get a different tone out of the NL12 and to FOH. :)

Believe me when I say understand about being picky about tone - I am the same way.

just so you know -- I did not use the cab sims in the iPhone thingy I shot for you.

As I mentioned before, the amp was extremely easy to dial in using the NL12.

I thought the cleans had nice chime (a must for me) without any high end exaggeration.

I did the Overdriven part clip by just turning on the Zendrive (had not dialed it in yet). Again -- no cab sim was used.

Actually if you listen to the Zendrive in the clip both the level and the tone need adjusting. I need to increase the vol level of the Zendrive block and make the tone brighter!

Last edited:

Wife left and I had time to do something with more gain before I go to work.

I used cliff's EVH 11b patch. All I did was turn off the cab sim.

I did not tweak patch in any way for use with a cab vs monitor or for my guitar - used it as is.

I start off with the volume low (clean) then I increase volume to get the gain (no changes to patch).

Sorry EVH -- I have no clue how to play this tune - this is well out of my comfort zone

Last edited:
You go man!!!

Wife left and I had time to do something with more gain before I go to work.

I used cliff's EVH 11b patch. All I did was turn off the cab sim.

I did not tweak patch in any way for use with a cab vs monitor or for my guitar - used it as is.

I start off with the volume low (clean) then I increase volume to get the gain (no changes to patch).

Sorry EVH -- I have no clue how to play this tune - this is well out of my comfort zone

Great sounding clips dude, those are some really nice tones you've dialled in. These cabs are so cool!

Thanks man -- Speaker is starting to open up. I am going to have to switch cabs and put some hours into the other one as well.

This weekend I will be dialing in all of my gig patches. The Twin already sounds incredible. I need to dial in the dumble, the Fender Tweed and the Plexi I use for an Elvin Bishop tune.

Also need to dial in the OD pedals (RC Boost, Zen and BB pre). The reverbs and delays sound gorgeous.

Really extremely well tuned cabs.

Honestly -- I was not expecting them to sound this good.

Very pleased.

Thanks man -- Speaker is starting to open up. I am going to have to switch cabs and put some hours into the other one as well.

This weekend I will be dialing in all of my gig patches. The Twin already sounds incredible. I need to dial in the dumble, the Fender Tweed and the Plexi I use for an Elvin Bishop tune.

Also need to dial in the OD pedals (RC Boost, Zen and BB pre). The reverbs and delays sound gorgeous.

Really extremely well tuned cabs.

Honestly -- I was not expecting them to sound this good.

Very pleased.

Are you leaning towards dialing in all these patches/drives etc. with CAB sims off?

Are you leaning towards dialing in all these patches/drives etc. with CAB sims off?

Yes no cab sims-

I plan on eventually having three sets of the same patches for different setups

1. Q12 (Monitor) set -- that is the set I have been gigging with up to now

2. NL12 - Cab set - same presets dialed to be used cab without a the use of a cab sim

3. WET/DRY set

Almost have my Twin-Tweed all purpose patch completely dialed in. The lead channel (Fender Tweed) is starting to sound crazy good over the top sounding.

Back
Top Bottom