The Time Has Come....

WW Audio

Inspired
After 40+ years of playing, I can't remember a time when I've been so stoked at the prospect of dropping a bunch of money on new gear. After 20 years with the same ancient "modeler", I'm finally joining the 21st century - I've put my name in on the purchase list for one of the "magic black boxes" (FX2).

The last high end guitar FX processor I bought was the DigiTech GSP 2101 Artist back in '94 - considered by some to be the top of line modeler in its day I suppose. I don't play live any longer, but the FX2's I/O should work nicely for the solo stuff I'm doing in the box. The hardest part now will be adopting the Zen-like patience required to wait for my name to make the top of the waiting list. :02.47-tranquillity:

I've been lurking on the forums for a few months as a guest but I'm greatly looking forward to joining the FAS community and getting completely lost in the FX2 for a couple of weeks.....the wife's gonna be pissed. ;)

After 3+ years of owning my AxeII, I can honestly say this has been *the* best music gear purchase ever.
Still blown away by how easy it is to dial up any type of tone I want.
I'm easy to please, for sure, but still....

Welcome to the forum WW.
Your in for some fun!!

Reactions: ALE
Welcome aboard! There's tons of of very talented and helpful forum members here, should you have any questions. I hope you enjoy your new Axe FX :)

Echoing the welcome message, you'll definitely be happy you made the jump. I've been an AxeFX owner for only a few weeks, and I'm really enjoying the great sounds and flexibility. You've already done a smart thing by joining the forum community. This is a great resource for help and ideas, and there is a lot of patch sharing, so you will have a lot of ideas for starting points. FAS is a terrific company and I've been quite impressed with their support.

Every time I read a post like this I'm so happy my decision to pull the trigger ended up being when there was no wait! It immediately replaced most of my gear and is now an irreplaceable tool for me. I smile every time I plug in and jam with the band.

The last high end guitar FX processor I bought was the DigiTech GSP 2101 Artist back in '94 - considered by some to be the top of line modeler in its day I suppose. I don't play live any longer, but the FX2's I/O should work nicely for the solo stuff I'm doing in the box.

You and I came from the same world my friend. I'd missed my GSP2101 Artist (w/PPC210) since shortly after I sold it off a few years ago. I hadn't used it in a while for recording, but for just jamming I was the shiznit. I'd started using a GNX3 for recording, but still missed my GSP.

Early in 2012 a friend mentioned the Axe and I started hearing buzz about it. Then some folks on a local music forum started raving about it. I dropped the hammer last September and haven't missed my GSP since. The AxeFX puts that unit to shame without even blinking an eye. The GSP was great for its time, but welcome to the new world. It's very fun here. :D

Take it from another Digitech refugee...you will love this little black box.

Has anyone tried using the MIDI cables on a Pedalsnake to connect the FXii and the MVFC-101?

Haven’t tried but shouldn’t be any problems, I have run other midi functions in a Pedalsnake before the AFx2. The standard Pedalsnake comes with a 5 pin only cable though so you won’t be able to power the MFC with it. But you can always run power in one of the other snake cables.

Back
Top Bottom