The tilt EQ in the amp block is amazing!

Seriously, using a tilt EQ in the preamp section of the amp is amazing for tightening things up or warming thin tones up. With the JCM800, I can cut lows and add highs with the tilt EQ, reduce the drive and turn up the MV to get amazing, responsive tones that are not flubby.

I love this box. So many ways to get amazing sounds!

That what I love about Fractal. How many other modelers out there have pre and post EQ in the amp block? Not to mention a selectable boost with various types of drive in the amp block? I hardly ever use a drive block anymore in my presets.
We can change all the tubes, mess with the transformer matching, impedance, negative feedback, biases, hardness, change the tone stack frequency, switch to an active tone stack, change the speaker impedance curves of the amps internal speakers, we have better control on speaker compression within the amp, have an geq before and after the amp, modify the input eq's, add drives, cuts.

heck we can even change the location of the tonestack, master volume etc in the circuit with regards to the phase inverter, Add output compression , including feedback and gain enhancer types. All of it using just the amp block.

Ain't anything like this.

Last edited:
I could do all that staff before with my tube amps. It just required gutting the chassis, hundreds of dollars, and two weeks for every tweak. True statement.

Seriously though, ain’t nothing like the III right now. It’s the most value-added amp gear I’ve ever owned

We can change all the tubes, mess with the transformer matching, impedance, negative feedback, biases, hardness, change the tone stack frequency, switch to an active tone stack, change the speaker impedance curves of the amps internal speakers, we have better control on speaker compression within the amp, have an geq before and after the amp, modify the input eq's, add drives, cuts.

heck we can even change the location of the tonestack, master volume etc in the circuit with regards to the phase inverter, Add output compression , including feedback and gain enhancer types. All of it using just the amp block.

Ain't anything like this.
Yeah. I was lazy and didn't feel like typing all that. :)

Seriously, using a tilt EQ in the preamp section of the amp is amazing for tightening things up or warming thin tones up. With the JCM800, I can cut lows and add highs with the tilt EQ, reduce the drive and turn up the MV to get amazing, responsive tones that are not flubby.

I love this box. So many ways to get amazing sounds!
I'm not understanding what a 'tilt eq' is. Are you talking about the Low & High Cut Frequency knobs in the pre-amp section? If so, I stumbled upon that to discover knocking of some of the high end when you have a boost gets rid of the fizz for me. But it can't be controlled by a control switch and I like the higher frequency up when I have the boost disengaged. It helps out with the "chirp" on my Thornbucker pickup. I ended up using a control switch on a GEQ to shave off the HF's. But I liked the tone better using those knobs. I guess I could put it on a different channel but the switching wouldn't be as seamless. If I have it wrong, please enlighten.. I certainly don't want to miss out....lol.

I'm not understanding what a 'tilt eq' is. Are you talking about the Low & High Cut Frequency knobs in the pre-amp section? If so, I stumbled upon that to discover knocking of some of the high end when you have a boost gets rid of the fizz for me. But it can't be controlled by a control switch and I like the higher frequency up when I have the boost disengaged. It helps out with the "chirp" on my Thornbucker pickup. I ended up using a control switch on a GEQ to shave off the HF's. But I liked the tone better using those knobs. I guess I could put it on a different channel but the switching wouldn't be as seamless. If I have it wrong, please enlighten.. I certainly don't want to miss out....lol.
Use the Amp block's Input EQ. Set Type to "Tilt."

Back
Top Bottom