The SVT rules...

Great as always Ed ! It's weird : you seem to play what i'd like to play if i could :lol:
BTW, what cabinet did you use on this preset ? I'd really like to try this one. May i ask you to axechange it ?
regards

gounzy said:
Great as always Ed ! It's weird : you seem to play what i'd like to play if i could :lol:
BTW, what cabinet did you use on this preset ? I'd really like to try this one. May i ask you to axechange it ?
regards
Already up there...the SSS preset. It's a single 12 cab, I forget which one.
Thatnks for the kind words, you're certainly in the minority there, sine my playing usually take some uhem...getting used to. :)

http://axechange.net/preset.aspx?preset_id=535

I've only had the AxeFx for a day now, but I think it has already earned its keep. My band is recording a full length album currently, and although guitars are 95% complete, we've still got to do bass on most of the tracks. We had a SVT 3 Pro into a SVT 8x10 mic'd with a bad mic and direct, but never were satisfied with the tone.

I brought the Axe over today, thinking we could do better with the SVT sim. At first the SVT model was really disappointing, until I started to get creative with it.

I started with SVT amp---Cab---GEQ

I first used a 1x15 Bass cab w/ U87 as it had more meat than anything else. It didn't cut it, so I split the amp to another cab, the 8x10 w/D112, and fed the output back into the front of the GEQ. That got me closer, and the 8x10 gave some presence and snarl to the high mids.

It still wasn't 100% yet, so I added a FET boost in the front. That fattened it up a lot, making it sound just what we where searching for. Then I discovered that the <> meant I could 'pull' the knobs, so I flipped the drive boost on (with the drive at about 25%) and the brite switch on, and Voila!

The bass track sits in the mix WAY better now, and all the low end meat is there which we never had with the old tracks.

...I have a feeling when I get some time to tweak guitar tones, it's going to start to get unreal.

Back
Top Bottom