AFIII The Stone Roses - “Sally Cinnamon” Cover

Nice track and tones, Mark.

Saw them play at Spike Island in 1990 - they we’re ok, but at their peak in the couple of years prior to this they were simply outstanding. Their first album remains one of the best* - melody, brilliant guitar from John Squires, beats, swagger. And Ian Brown’s a die hard Red aswell. What’s not to like ;-)

* never really got into the Second Coming, although Fools Gold is epic.

Nice track and tones, Mark.

Saw them play at Spike Island in 1990 - they we’re ok, but at their peak in the couple of years prior to this they were simply outstanding. Their first album remains one of the best* - melody, brilliant guitar from John Squires, beats, swagger. And Ian Brown’s a die hard Red aswell. What’s not to like ;-)

* never really got into the Second Coming, although Fools Gold is epic.
Awesome mate, I never got to see them live but managed to see Oasis 7 times, they were the band that got me into music. They certainly were great in their day. Their first album is still great to this day 👍🏻

I agree that Oasis were also hugely exciting - I saw them play at Knebworth (125k people, 2 hour queue for beer :oops:) and it was brilliant. Presume you draw them in slgihtly more intimate venues than me so imagine it was excellent. But eventually I felt the rowing between Liam and Noel became tiresome, and I always felt that they continued to crank out music along very similar lines. Oh, and they’re City fans...which doesnt help (I know this is a very specific gripe :p )

I agree that Oasis were also hugely exciting - I saw them play at Knebworth (125k people, 2 hour queue for beer :oops:) and it was brilliant. Presume you draw them in slgihtly more intimate venues than me so imagine it was excellent. But eventually I felt the rowing between Liam and Noel became tiresome, and I always felt that they continued to crank out music along very similar lines. Oh, and they’re City fans...which doesnt help (I know this is a very specific gripe :p )
Nice, I tried getting tickets for Knebworth and Maine Road but couldn't (i was 14) saw them at Wembley Stadium, Earls Court and other venues so seen them in large and small venues. Yes I agree, their first 3 albums were mega and then slowly drifted. Haha I'm a Londoner (Arsenal fan) so that don't bother me haha :p

Back
Top Bottom