The sound of cabs

Heavyplayer

Experienced
I been hearing a bit of room reverb in quite a few of the cabs, I know they weren't isolated but I just wanted to make sure this is pretty normal and that I'm not having more of a issue then with just Tone Match. This is something that I've only noticed in V10, and again just wondering if it's something on my end that isn't right.
Everything is set at default, no room reverb, that is at 0.

Just to name a few cabs in question. #46, 48, 50, 51, 102, there is more.

A cabinet IR is far too short to capture any room reverb.

That's kind of good news, and bad news for me then. It is on my end, and not just TM. Any idea as to what might be causing this issue then?
I would hate to uninstall, then reinstall just to have the same problem.

Is there any delay on anywhere? In the cab parameters or delay block anywhere? Even a few ms delay will make it sound like you're in a tunnel

No. This is just the amp and cab block. Nothing else in the chain

Try unplugging everything, USB, all outputs, just guitar with a hard wired cable (no wireless) into the AxeFx. Then listen with headphones plugged into the axefx and see if you hear it.

Tired it, yup still there. It's no where near as bad as TM, but it's there. It's like having the room level set around 7-8 or so.
If it helps any it seems to be more pronounced on the higher notes. Rhythm isn't as easy to hear, but I can still hear it.

Last edited:
was gonna say the same thing... I don't hear any reverb... what are you listening back from? Computer? Does your soundcard have any reverb on it?

What are you listening through? Post your entire signal chain from Guitar -> Ears.

It's pretty simple. I'm listening through headphones, Axe connected to computer USB. This sound I hear happens with or without USB connected.
And I know it's not what I'm hearing it through as it's not all the cabs that have this room reverb. It's very light, but enough that I can hear it.

I started to think it was just me, because so far no one else hears it, but it's only on certain cabs.

Set Cab Block to LO RES (1024). Do you hear it any longer? If NOT, it seems your hear somehing we don`t ? HI RES (2048) are ca. 42ms. In my opinion (and tests via DAW and room IRs) long enough to capture first early reflections. But stock cabs are near- or far-field, no "room"- IRs. I evaluate this only with some Redwirez room-IRs i tried long time ago ...

room level in cab block = off / 0%?

Pretty simple. I'm listening through headphones, Axe connected to computer USB. This sound I hear happens with or without USB connected.
And I know it's not what I'm hearing it through as it's not all the cabs that have this room reverb. It's very light, but enough that I can hear it.

I started to think it was just me, because so far no one else hears it, but it's only on certain cabs.

Where do you connect your headphones?
To the axe or the computer?

Back
Top Bottom