The Smashing Pumpkins

Hola buenos dias a todos los miembros del foro mi pregunta es la siguiente me encanta el grupo the Smashing Pumpkins y tengo el AXE FX III pero por mucho que busco y intento poner alguna cadena de sonido en el aparato para que suene alguna cancion de las muchas que tienen he probado infidad de efectos pero no llego ha coseguir nada de lo que quiero mi pregunta es alguien sabe los efectos que hay que poner ya se que tienen muchas canciones pero por favor si alguien me puede ayudar con los efectos que hay que poner y y si no es mucho pedir los efectos que van relacionado con cada cancion para poder introducilos dentro del AXE FX III.
Muchas gracias compañeros y haber si me podeis ayudar.
Atentamente
P.A.Romero

The Smashing Pumpkins recorded many of those iconic sounds using Marshall JCM800s, and Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi's, but that said, a lot of that huge sound comes from some studio magic- layering many different guitar tracks on top of each other to make a very dense and compressed kind of sound. I'd probably start with the JCM800 model, and a big muff pi, and maybe experiment with compression before/after the setup and see where that takes you. Good luck! The Smashing Pumpkins are one of my all time favorites- I've met Billy Corgan several times, and despite his reputation, always found him to be a really nice guy.

The Smashing Pumpkins grabaron muchos de esos sonidos icónicos usando Marshall JCM800s y Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi, pero dicho esto, gran parte de ese enorme sonido proviene de algo de magia de estudio: capas de muchas pistas de guitarra diferentes una encima de la otra para hacer una muy tipo de sonido denso y comprimido. Probablemente comenzaría con el modelo JCM800, y un gran muff pi, y tal vez experimentaría con la compresión antes / después de la configuración y vería a dónde te lleva. ¡Buena suerte! The Smashing Pumpkins es uno de mis favoritos de todos los tiempos. He conocido a Billy Corgan varias veces y, a pesar de su reputación, siempre lo encontré como un tipo realmente agradable.

Billy Corgan on the Big Muff Pi

Last edited:
Adman103 you were really lucky to meet Billy Corgan in person, I wish I could have met him, it's a pleasure to talk to you, and also all the information you have given me about the amps, pedals etc. etc. you are a musician you know and very charming without words I am also very fond of listening and try to play something that can resemble the music that the group does but I do not get even half for me is difficult and look that I try and try but well for now I am content Adman103 thank you very much for all the information you have acquired me about the group are phenomenal the group and you. I listen to them constantly I never get bored listening to them and watching videos about them are phenomenal.
Thanks
Adman103
Sincerely
P.A.Romero

(Cough)

FAB0C939-A014-4628-9C2F-A2E5BADF08DF.jpeg
Just one of the many different rigs he had . sound geek? so the best advice I can give you is to built a clean and dist patch you like, and learn to play the songs well . Take a strat . Same here I listen to them since forever . Met billy once recently at one of his solo show

Last edited:
The big muff goes well for Gish and Siamese dream, but Mellon collie is more complex. The song are so different … most of the time it’s a metal tone

This doesn't say which version it is. There's many different ones.

In any case, it's likely not the op amp version (because that one is less common/popular), which is what Billy Corgan used. EHX came out with a reissue recently and it's relatively cheap. It might be worth picking it up if you're trying to really match that tone, but as mentioned above a lot of that tone is from multi tracking the guitar parts.

He also used a Fender Blender on Siamese Dream. I read that's what's squealing during Mayonaise.

Thanks again Forever Again you know very well what you are talking about, and what you know for my opinion is enough thanks Forever Again..also to Mud for his great comment you have made also to Romo 82 that I will try the preset as it sounds in total thank you very much comrades among all I have information I will take into account the great support that you are giving me between all of you.
Greetings to the three of you and thanks to Forever Again, Mud and Romo 82.
Sincerely and cordially
P.A.Romero

Smashing Pumpkins don’t even sound like the classic album tones live because that wall of fuzz is the epitome of a processed studio sound.

Plenty of ways to get in the ballpark, but nothing is going to sound like the countless layers of guitar upon guitar you hear in the album

This doesn't say which version it is. There's many different ones.

In any case, it's likely not the op amp version (because that one is less common/popular), which is what Billy Corgan used. EHX came out with a reissue recently and it's relatively cheap. It might be worth picking it up if you're trying to really match that tone, but as mentioned above a lot of that tone is from multi tracking the guitar parts.

He also used a Fender Blender on Siamese Dream. I read that's what's squealing during Mayonaise.
Yes I have bought the op reissue and sold it quick . not very great (maybe like the original ?) the Russian reissue is good and the us one work well too .

Hola buenas noches primero perdonar por no escribir en ingles el traductor que antes me traducia ahora ya me pide dinero para traducir lo siento.
Muchas Gracias Forever Again ya veo que controlas a la perfeccion el tema las ilustraciones que mandas los escritos que escribe, una pasada si señor sabes sabes mucho.
Tambien Gracias a Mud por el comentario que ha escrito interesante , y da de pensar.
Graciass a Romo 82 por el preset que ha puesto cuando pueda lo probare seguro que suena fenomenal Gracias Romo 82.
Gracias tambien a Bigcupholder por la gran aclaracion.
En total Gracias a todos por el apoyo quer me estasis dando sobre el tema siempre va muy bien tener nuevos conocimientos y apreder de maestros que sois GRACIAS
Atentamente
P.A.Romero

P.D Perdonar por no poderme espresarme en vuesto idioma y pido disculpas. Muchas Gracias COMPAÑEROS

Back
Top Bottom