The Shimmer Drive

To me the Shimmer Drive feels like a combination of a treble booster with the gain structure of an overdrive.

Not much to adjust, just set Drive where it sounds good. Note that its goal is to boost vintage amps (Plexi, Vos etc.).

To me the Shimmer Drive feels like a combination of a treble booster with the gain structure of an overdrive.

Not much to adjust, just set Drive where it sounds good. Note that its goal is to boost vintage amps (Plexi, Vos etc.).

Thanks Yek, I've been messing with it on a Shiva Clean preset, sounds good. I'll give it a go on some vintage amps

Hey Fastgraham. I had a little trouble getting Shimmer Drive running after updating too.

In AX8-edit, Settings -> "Refresh after new FW"

If you are updated to 7.01 it should be inside the unit. Can you pick a patch with a drive block, page over to the drive and change the type to "Shimmer"??

Hey Fastgraham. I had a little trouble getting Shimmer Drive running after updating too.

In AX8-edit, Settings -> "Refresh after new FW"

If you are updated to 7.01 it should be inside the unit. Can you pick a patch with a drive block, page over to the drive and change the type to "Shimmer"??
I had to install 7.01 a second time and that did the trick. Thanks to all.

The Shimmer Drive sounds a lot closer to my Danelectro Cool Cat OD (which is a clone of the Timmy) than the Timothy pedal does. It does that very smooth mild OD with a little sugar on top thing. But it actually seems a bit nasally to me which is weird because the high and low cut are full. I need to play with it more but I'd want to boost the bass to make it a little more even.

But it actually seems a bit nasally to me which is weird because the high and low cut are full. I need to play with it more but I'd want to boost the bass to make it a little more even.

I've found this is what makes it punch through the mix really well.

Back
Top Bottom