The Secret Weapon: Transformer Match

This seems incredibly difficult from a plug and play kind of guy.
Is there any information included as to what transformer/bias/or other internal settings each individual amp would have?
I was hoping the axe fx would have already made those adjustments? at least put me in the ball park before I'll have to venture into tweaking jobs I know nothing about

Is there any information included as to what transformer/bias/or other internal settings each individual amp would have?
I was hoping the axe fx would have already made those adjustments? at least put me in the ball park before I'll have to venture into tweaking jobs I know nothing about

Not a big deal.......pick your amp & cab.....turn the basic amp knobs until you get a sound you like. Go to Xformer Match if you so please & lower the value to see if it sounds better to you. If it doesn't then don't worry about it...

Just pull up whatever amp model you like. Transformer/bias/other internal settings will all default to what the individual amp would have. You don't have to touch them if you don't want to.

This was the ticket to getting Recto 2 Red Modern (multi-watt reborn) to sound like an early 3 channel! I don't know what witchcraft makes a transformer effect the way the preamp breaks up more softly but doing this (over matching) and bringing the Xformer high freq down is spot on to an early 3 channel response.
Love,
Not-a-pundit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom