The secret of the 8K IR DUMP in FW12.03 - a symbol from the Illuminati?

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
From the release notes FW 12.03:

Added Dump feature to IR Capture utility. After an IR has been captured
pressing this button will dump a full, unprocessed, 8K sample IR to the USB
port.

Nobody whisper about, nobody care? Is it just me who search for an answer?

IMHO, this fourth times longer (ca. 170ms) IR export could be long enough to capture early room reflections from ambience or room IR cuptures. The exported data format is .syx. No tool out there to format it into .wav - with that, the high quality IR export could be used at least in a external PC / DAW environment.

So in fact and for the moment - i can`t see any usability for that DUMP. What it is good for?

Only for internal purposes of the FAS Team? But wouldn`t it be "better" to place this Dump button in a hidden menue? Instead of this, this feature is well documented in the release notes for the public .... hmmm ...

So, what is it good for? A sign, that in the near future something big will happen? A new software or hardware will featuring these exportable full, unprocessed, 8K sample IR`s in .syx format?

A hint to the community to expand "Jojo`s Axe-Fx .syx to .wav converter"? Not really ...

... but, what is it good for? I want to know!

I haven't messed with it yet, but my perception when I read this in release notes was we've been given the Ultra Res ability !

I haven't messed with it yet, but my perception when I read this in release notes was we've been given the Ultra Res ability !

You can do the export and get a approx. 48kb .syx file (or something...). So, from that filesize it is quad the size of a standanrd Hi-res (2048 ). But you can`t do anything with it. Nor upload it into the Axe again via Bot or anything else ... so, i assume ... we have to wait for the future ... ;)

You can do the export and get a approx. 42kb .syx file. so, from filesize it is quad the size of a standanrd Hi-res (2048) file. But you can`t do anything with it. Nor upload it into the Axe again via Bot or anything else ... so, i assume ... we have to wait for the future ... ;)

Hmmm ! Interesting!!!

Back
Top Bottom