The search is over

ejviruet

Inspired
I just got my AXE II and i have to say is the best piece of equipment i have bought for guitar in the last 30 years. I have had amps and other modellers. I was skeptical about the reviews, because the majority were good, it sounded to good to be true, but it really is. I have been using some factory presets and presets from the forum with minimal tweaking. The dynamics of picking, the difference in pickups and guitars, could really be appreciated with this unit. I have never owned a piece of equipment with this characteristics and versatility. Best of all, i have found many great presets on the forum ( Thanks to all the members that contribute patches), and have been sounding great with minimal tweaking. If someone is reading this review, and is as i was a few months ago, doubtful of the AXE II, you should doubt no more, it is true that this is the best piece of equipment that you would buy. Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Guthrie Govan, and the list keep growing, they can't be wrong!!

It is great to be part of the new sound revolution. Also as if all those great things are not sufficient, we have Cliff and his staff constantly working for frequent updates that makes the AXE II even better (If that is possible).

The Fractal is to guitar what the computer was to the typewriter. Welcome to the future of guitar.

Hah. Enjoyed the comparison. And yes, it's an AWESOME, if not THE most AWESOME piece of gear I've ever owned. All my amps, pedals, cabs, you name it are now going the same route: SALE!

Every time I use it I am simply amazed at how good it sounds!! The best piece of gear I have ever owned!! It inspires me to play!!

The Fractal is to guitar what the computer was to the typewriter. Welcome to the future of guitar.
There more truth in this statement than meets than meets eye ...
All kinds of things you do not need to do with a "typewriter" will have to become second nature:
  • Be sure to keep your backups current (at least prior to a firmware upgrade)!
  • Be sure to keep an old know-to-be-good version of the software or firmware around as plan B in case the update is problematic for you!
  • Pull the plug when a thunderstorm rolls in ...

This si not someting special about the Axe-Fx II, it is true for allmost all kinds of advanced modelling equipement. These things behave more like computers in a rack than ordinary gear.

Ditto. Axe 2= best musical investment of my life!

Ultra = best musical investment of my life ... at the time. There was already a lot a good tone and flexibility in that box.

But you are right, AXE 2 with V6 and now V7 is so good it is really becoming difficult to find anything (real amp or modeler) that rival that monster of tones and distortions.

Back
Top Bottom