The Same Old Midi Download Issues Every Time........

SimonDreyer

Inspired
Hi Folks
Sorry to bitch but every time I go to change my MFC101 MkII setup I wind up having to spend 2 or 3 hrs fighting with bloody midi devices and settings. I have been doing this for two years now and it seems to get worse, not better, with every firmware revision. I have now got to the stage where the only midi interface that I have ever been able to download with any degree of success (Yamaha UX96) is now not working anymore. I am running firmware 3.08 and the latest version of MFCEdit and FractalBot. I have to do this shit at least once every week and it is wearing thin!
Why oh, why oh, F***n, Why could it not have a simple USB port on it that we could plug a memory stick into and transfer the file? (The same goes for the AxeFX)
Sorry but I'm just so angry as it has now wiped the songs and set lists and I can't restore them!
If you ask me, it's time for a rethink on the firmware of the MFC101. I was willing to put up with it two years ago but I certainly expected it to get better not worse!

I have no problems using the m-audio midi sport uno interface for updating the mfc 101. I do wish it was as easy as updating the axe fx unit. Not sure what else to tell you but if it is your midi interface you may want to look into what others are using.
Good luck.

I don't see how the problems you are having are related to the Axe-FX or MFC. The USB connector on the Axe-FX is just a MIDI to USB adapter that doubles as an Audio to USB adapter. No different than your external USB to MIDI adapter, with all the same conveniences as well as issues.
If you would like help figuring out why you are having so much trouble, post the OS details of your computer, the connections you're making between the computer and Fractal equipment, the steps you take to reproduce the problem, including any error messages, and get it solved once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom