The Rise of Tiger

The Masters is the only golf I ever watch - kind of a rite of spring thing I guess ;-) His comeback from what he went through is pretty incredible.

Will go down as one of, if not the greatest comeback in the history of any sport.
Will be a movie at some point for sure, as well as a pop culture “remember where you where” moments in sport. Can’t think of anything that comes close to this.

Most amazing to me was 4 of 6 in the final 2 groups put the ball in the water on No 12. Unbelievable. . . what a great tournament and great to see Woods back on top

Most amazing to me was 4 of 6 in the final 2 groups put the ball in the water on No 12. Unbelievable. . . what a great tournament and great to see Woods back on top

Even more difficult to comprehend is that none of those four players were able to get up and down to save bogey, something they do routinely. That's the beauty of golf...it's entirely a mental exercise and the ultimate level playing field. And that's what has always separated Tiger from his peers...he thrives under pressure

Can't help but wonder how it would have gone had the weather not forced threesomes. Tiger would have been in the second to last goup, thereby removing Molinari and Finau from the "Tiger effect" and it's impact on scoring.

I watch too many WW2 documentaries. Instead of Tiger Woods I immediately thought of this:

tiger_00429_1g.jpg

https://www.go2war2.nl/artikel-afb/tiger_00429_1g.jpg

It's great to see Tiger back in the winner's circle this time around. I love golf and must admit that before his world came crashing down, he was not exactly my favorite player. Much respect for what he accomplished but I never felt he was good for the game with his attitude and on course antics.

He now seems to be genuinely different; happier, at peace, enjoying himself and those around him on the course. Even his interviews and press conferences have a different feel. Kind of hard not to like and pull for a guy who turns his life around, then regains some of his former glory and continues to add to his legend. It's a feel-good story for sure.

Back
Top Bottom