The remaining amps for G3

Heavyplayer

Experienced
Just curious if you were able to G3 any of the remaining amps or if you're still needing to purchase or borrow several others.
Not trying to rush you, well kind of for a couple amps....:D Engl, Fryette a few others. :mrgreen But, seriously just curious how that's going.

Thanks, Cliff!

Btw, I'm super proud of myself, usually I update EVERY FW, but I'm still on 18.08. The first time I been left behind! :shock
Not sure what you did there but I'm pretty happy with that one. However, this new update is killing me. :lol
Trying soooooooo hard to wait (that and I'm spoiled with AE) not sure how long that's gonna last!!

Anyway, thanks for constantly improving and adding more goodies. :encouragement:

I was on FW18.08 until today. FW19b rocks. No need for tweaks for me, but the drives sounds so good. I really liked them. The Octa Fuzz thingy is a bad@ss..

19 sounds very tempting. But I'm most likely gonna sit on 18.08 until all is finished. Maybe. :)

Just looking for an update of some sort.

the octafuzz sounds really good "cranked", yeah, but im just curious, as the ge diodes / germanium, which should react very well to the volume on your guitar, actually does almost nothing at all, same as all fuzz pedals on the axe, they don't have any genuine reaction to guitar volume. I know i am not imagining it either, as i have the real things here, and when you turn down the volume - when using a real germanium fuzz for example, its a massive clean up of the pedals tone - the amps overall tone, the germanium fuzz smooth out, you know it, yet the axe doesn't have this reaction at all, only thing that happens is a volume drop of the overall output tone / sound, yet its still fuzzy though - no clean tone. Is this situation getting fixed anytime soon. It will be hard to do i must say, as ge diodes are ge diodes, they need real voltage drop and the rest! ??? love more info on this

Timely update for me. I was not using drives at all as I was controlling the amount of drive with the input gain/trim of the amp via a scene controller; I much prefer amp breakup compared to pedal breakup.

I've since started leaning on drive pedals again just to add some more flavour to my patches, so seeing that the drives are being "G3'd" is great!

the octafuzz sounds really good "cranked", yeah, but im just curious, as the ge diodes / germanium, which should react very well to the volume on your guitar, actually does almost nothing at all, same as all fuzz pedals on the axe, they don't have any genuine reaction to guitar volume. I know i am not imagining it either, as i have the real things here, and when you turn down the volume - when using a real germanium fuzz for example, its a massive clean up of the pedals tone - the amps overall tone, the germanium fuzz smooth out, you know it, yet the axe doesn't have this reaction at all, only thing that happens is a volume drop of the overall output tone / sound, yet its still fuzzy though - no clean tone. Is this situation getting fixed anytime soon. It will be hard to do i must say, as ge diodes are ge diodes, they need real voltage drop and the rest! ??? love more info on this

Input impedance - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom