The Reaver - 7 String Metal with FW 10

drawnacrol

Inspired

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser - Metal - YouTube

Firmware 10 is amazing! Palm mutes sound really dynamic and have a really nice chunk sound to them. Its also much easier now to get a good tone. Before I used to cut some of the bass to tighten up the low end before hitting the tubescreamer/overdrive but I don't have to do that anymore. I used DAS METALL for the rhythms and I honestly can't remember what I used for the leads since I was in a rush.

Enjoy!

Cheers guys!!!

I feel some Iced Earth and Kalmah in this piece. Influences?

I love Kalmah but I've never really listened to Iced Earth. I did catch their last show with Matt Barlow at Wacken a few years ago and that was epic!!!

For most of rhythm playing I would mainly be influenced by In Flames, Carcass, Children of Bodom, Protest the Hero and Death. For lead playing pretty much every single shredder in existence but my favs are Alexi Laiho, Per Nilsson, Muhammed Suiçmez, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert and the dudes from Dragonforce.

Very cool. I haven't yet tried my Hellraiser 6 with the Das in FW 10; it sounded a bit spongy with my EBMM Petrucci, but I may have had the gain dialed too high.

Speaking of Hellraisers, how do you keep the black chrome tuning pegs so pristine on yours? Mine have gotten all corroded.

Oh, and nice George R. R. Martin collection. :)

Well then, you would love Chris Broderick of Megadeth. I took lessons from him in the los angeles valley when he was with Jag Panzer. My eyes would be spinning when he would do some shred. I felt pretty discouraged at times, but he was very encouraging. (sorry for the name-dropping, but I'm so proud of him and what he's been able to achieve!)

Cheers guys!!!

I love Kalmah but I've never really listened to Iced Earth. I did catch their last show with Matt Barlow at Wacken a few years ago and that was epic!!!

For most of rhythm playing I would mainly be influenced by In Flames, Carcass, Children of Bodom, Protest the Hero and Death. For lead playing pretty much every single shredder in existence but my favs are Alexi Laiho, Per Nilsson, Muhammed Suiçmez, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert and the dudes from Dragonforce.

Very cool. I haven't yet tried my Hellraiser 6 with the Das in FW 10; it sounded a bit spongy with my EBMM Petrucci, but I may have had the gain dialed too high.
Speaking of Hellraisers, how do you keep the black chrome tuning pegs so pristine on yours? Mine have gotten all corroded.

Not sure but I keep my guitars in their cases whenever I'm not using them and I also wipe them down after playing them. I also have them in a warmish room so they aren't subject to dampness or shifts in temperature.

Well then, you would love Chris Broderick of Megadeth. I took lessons from him in the los angeles valley when he was with Jag Panzer. My eyes would be spinning when he would do some shred. I felt pretty discouraged at times, but he was very encouraging. (sorry for the name-dropping, but I'm so proud of him and what he's been able to achieve!)

I've seen Megadeth with Chris Broderick twice now. The guy is terrifying live!!! He doesn't miss a note and can mimic Marty's and Chris's playing down to a tee. Nice!! He's a great teacher from the videos I've seen.

Awesome stuff man, very Bodom-y

Cheers dude! I'm a massive fan of Bodom and Alexi. Now that I listen back to this it has a Sinergy vibe to it.

A Song of Ice and Fire!
Very nice. Like your taste in literature as well...

The song title is actually a nod towards Victarion Greyjoy.

Back
Top Bottom