The Reaction - Marco Sfogli cover

Yes, sure. How do I send the patch over without using axe edit though?

I've never done that myself, but found this in another thread. If you already have MidiOx it's simple, but if you use something else I don't know...
"This may or may not be obvious, but when you send something to the AXE via MIDI, I guess its always "ready" to listen. However, MIDI-OX is not when you send something from AXE to MIDI-OX. Hence you need to do the following.

You said you have no trouble downloading presets to the AXE so I will assume two things. MIDI-OX is working for you & you are using via USB
Next, I am not sure that there would be a problem, but I happen not to do this when my DAW is running. Meaning I simply avoid two things (DAW and MIDI-OX) speaking to the AXE at the same time.
Also, the AXE and the computer are assumed to be ON.
Start MIDI-OX
For me a couple windows open by default that are NOT relevant as I understand it. Namely the Monitor - Input and Monitor - Output windows.
As such you need to open the SysEx window via View -> SysEx . This opens the SysEx View and Sratchpad
On the AXE, goto the preset you want to save (Recall, then turn the wheel).
Once on the preset, press the UTILITY button. It is important to do this now, before anything in MIDI-OX as I get the impression that until you press the UTILITY button, some MIDI data might be flowing from the AXE to MIDI-OX that you dont want.
In the UTILITY menu, page over to the present tab. Then move down to DUMP PRESET TO USB. DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET.
Now goto the SysEx window and select Sysex -> Receive Manual Dump. This will put MIDI-OX in listening mode so to speak.
When you select this it will prompt you for a file name. Name and store in a location that makes sense to you.
IMPORTANT: A little window comes up showing how much data has been received. I have always assumed this must be ZERO and not change until the AXE starts sending. Very often for me its NOT zero. Its like there was some midi data buffered somewhere that it read. As such it might have something like 70 bytes received. I have assumed that this will corrupt the file. If this is the case for you hit the DONE button and go back and do Syex -> Receive Dump File. Pick a new name or just overwrite the one you just picked. For me, when this happens, it always stays at zero the second time round.
Now goto the AXE and press ENTER on DUMP PRESET to USB.
You should see the progress bar go on the AXE. It only takes a second or two.
In MIDI OX you should see 6487 Bytes Revived. I get the impression that the presets always save to this size (I am on Firmware 9.x).
Click DONE, and you are finished."

Thanks!
I'm using a mac, so the software is slightly different as I'm using Sysex lybrarian.
I'll try, but the patch is so simple I'd might as well just write down the parameters here on the forum

Hell yeah! Great playing, man! This is awesome. (My one thing, very minor, I do miss the whammy bar note at 3:34...my personal favorite note in the song ;-)

Your rhythm tone is a little brighter/more modern, but your lead tone is suuuper smooth. Better than his I think, too.

Your rhythm tone is a little brighter/more modern, but your lead tone is suuuper smooth. Better than his I think, too.

I am actually using the same patch for both parts :)
The reason why it might sound different could be that in the backing track Marco is also playing the rhythm

Ok so here are the settings:

Amp: USA LEAD 1 - Drive 9.0 - Bass 1.20 - Mid 7.00 - Treble 8.00 - Presence 2.50 - Master 4.00 - Input Trim 3.010

Cab: HiRes Mono - 4x12 Recto V30 (OH) -

Delay: Digital Stereo - Mix 15% - Time 250ms - Feedback 20%

That's it.
Really simple, I know.
Anything I haven't written down means I just left stock.

Back
Top Bottom