The question mark...

A pet peeve of mine is "Does anyone...."
As in, "Does anyone have a camera?"
Yes. Someone has a camera.

One of mine is people who use "seen" instead of "saw". I seen them in concert last week.

I blame the hillbillification of the US. (And I say that with love...I'm part hillbilly myself. Just not the part that mixes up "seen" and "saw".)

No, we’re having too much fun.

On a more serious note though, as a college professor of 30+ years, I have received thousands of student emails over the years. I have witnessed first-hand the death of sentence structure, spelling and grammar. As for verbal communication, if the word ‘like’ were removed from our vocabulary, the classrooms and hallways would be very quiet.

About a year ago I started to challenge my son to see if he could go an entire day without using four words: like, ok, yeah and right. It’s been a struggle.

And @Rick, I have a few spares of these, so you can have this one:

grammar%2Bpolice%2Bbadge.jpg
I’ll take it! I’ve surely had the other kind long enough!

I've noticed this over the past 10 years, but in speaking, and particularly from young ladies entering the business world. I asked my daughters about it and they said it's called "Up-talking". For example:
"I reviewed our sales figures for last quarter and it appears we experienced incremental growth of three percent?"

I've noticed this over the past 10 years, but in speaking, and particularly from young ladies entering the business world. I asked my daughters about it and they said it's called "Up-talking". For example:
"I reviewed our sales figures for last quarter and it appears we experienced incremental growth of three percent?"

A few weeks ago my daughter accidently sent me a text that was intended for her boyfriend that she had been arguing with. I still have no clue as to what she was saying to him? I'm also 100% sure I don't want to decode the message or be schooled in that language :)

Using vintage punctuation techniques is so classic a folk style? Now is modern prog jazz punctuation!!!!?? Cause we are kewl and are not foos!? U no where m cumin' frum cuz I no where u r @?

Just ran into this from a few years back…

It doesn’t appear to have gotten any better. 😳 I’m guessing it never will?

😊

when youre unwilling to use grammer your wasting others time in excghange for saving yoyur own just think of how many times you have to reread a post that contains poor grammar spelling anbd little to no punctuation

Back
Top Bottom