The Purple One reaffirms my faith in rock & roll

He is so ridiculously talanted. Off the charts in every aspect of his music, musicianship and entertaining. I listen to Purple Rain every few months to remind me of his awesomeness.

Interesting homage to Frankenstein around 2:34. I like this remake much better than the original, for me it is much more musical and less "pop".

Gonna see him and his band next week at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco. Should be a great show, the venue only holds about 800 people. Stupid expensive though.

Sounds like he "Jack White/Black Key's" it. Liked it.

I actually really like the cover by Incubus as well. It's basically just an updated version (without all the 80'sness) of the original at the same tempo...and this one actually sounds like he listened to the Incubus cover and slowed it down haha.

I went to see the Stones in 81 in LA. George Thorogood opened and was ok. Nothing spectacular but typical George. The Purple One was up next and left the band playing alone on stage during the 3rd or maybe 4th song. I have never seen an act booed so loud. The stage was littered with trash. Besides being a bad fit for the bill he truly was terrible IMHO. J. Giles was the final opening act and if you never saw them live you truly missed a great live band. The Stones were their typical great selves.

Prince being booed became the talk of the town for weeks. apparently the same thing had happened the night before on the opening night of the tour. Bill Graham had to come out after a few songs and admonish the crowd. Prince apparently played a few more songs that night but the following night when we saw him he just quit. It was the beginning of his career.

Back
Top Bottom