The Pop Tart thread

I put two pop tarts in the toaster today. A few turns of the advanced params and out popped two bagels. Since I used the Buttery sim I also saved on post processing. Unfortunately one was not cooked. Trying to replicate the issue I found it to be the usual user error on my part. I had it on mono. Arrrghhhh.

If I all of a sudden get a kemper in my mail, to find it being mysteriously light weighted with a note saying "open me"
only to find an army of pop-tarts gasping for air when opening it I would die.

Funny thing is that some time ago we were all like "yeah but does it contain a toaster?" about the axe-fx II's superiority.
Then moments after this Kemper arrives.. As if some guy had an idea of creating this frankenstein axe-fx which contains exactley that, a toaster!

"Muhaha! What'cha gonna do nooooow fractal? I just made another you with a toaster in it! Your moooove biatch!"

For some reason I get this "yeah, but will it blend?" when seeing the kemper :roll

Edit: I think the toaster will surpass the axe-fx on pop-tarts profiling though. After thinking about it for a while, I'm fine with that.

What does the pop-tarts patch sound like? Crunchy? Chunky? Crumbsy? Needs some more bite?

Funny thing is when you lick the topping (around 10-20k hz) this shrill vanilla pops out and makes the bottom a bit flubby.

Last edited:
That is insane VegasGuitar! Hahahhaha

Maybe Jimi Hendrix was actually chewing on his pop-tart guitar when everyone tought he was playing with his teeth.

Jimi, a bit embareced from still favouring them pop-tarts was like:

"yeah, uhm, what I was doing? Well, see I was, uhm, I was playing.. with my teeth. Yeah that's what I was doing, I was playing with my teeth."

The crowd went wild and a few years later the headlines went

"Hendrix pretending to play with his teeth to cover his pop-tart-addiction"

2 months of therapy lies ahead for the well known superstar

LOL, I hate them anyway - the box tastes better. Kelloggs actually tried introducing them here in the 90s and they only lasted about 3 months.

As someone who spends a lot of time in the USA, it's interesting to see which US brands don't export very well to Australia. Taco Bell, Krispy Kreme and Starbucks were all tried but failed horribly here - the first two went bankrupt and Starbucks only has around five stores left in the entire country. (Given that we had had a strong European coffee culture here since the 1950's, we were all a bit incredulous at the notion that the Americans thought they could "introduce" us to it).

Subway, on the other hand, has flourished.

Wow, that's similar to where I'm from too! :eek:

Ironically subway isn't nearly as big in the US as it is outside the US!

nikki-k said:
lol!
The whole thing is too funny. A Sweetwater salesman posts something intentionally inflammatory to garner sales, perhaps in hopes of having his name ride along with it (comission is the name of the game over there.. for some). He then goes on to chide posters in this forum, referring to us as "..pretentious owners" (sic). Perhaps I am pompous as well...

In a situation such as this, I would welcome something like the Kemper for several reasons, including, as an owner of a product that could be cited as being a "competitor's product," that it would thus provide a significant nudge to both devs to strive for yet greater goals. I have no idea about the Kemper team (other than the brilliant Access Virus work), but in Cliff's case, I do not see "competition" providing much in the way of inspiring that "corporate push." From my observations, it appears Cliff is like one of us geeks and simply and truly enjoys building stuff, be it hardware or software, or both. When people appreciate it, it is the genius of the geek, and the appreciation of their work that provides the drive. He betters himself; he grows. This is the geek way. (apologies if I am wrong, and/or if the label "geek" offends. IMO, geek is a label I wear with honor.. the bruises and scars now worn proudly in defiance of a label that was meant to diminish)

If Kemper puts out a product with as much love, and holds to their individual ethics (as Cliff has.. which I have incredible respect for), then I see it as a win-win for us. Early days Marshall vs Mesa? Strat vs Les Paul? MXR vs EHX? Axe vs Kemper? Strawberry vs Chocolate? Pfft. IMO, Fractal's pieces stand on their own. Can the Axe do everything? Of course not! And that is why, even as a proud & quite happy (and evidently pretentious ;) ) Axe owner and gear whore, I would love to own every piece of gear I have mentioned in this post. Heck... give me a warehouse and staff to maintain it all! I would gladly share every piece of it with friends and fellow musicians.

I will not take part in some ridiculous idea of "war." But, I will use the gear involved to write songs about it.. if I can get some of it comp'd :D

Great post, end thread.

Back
Top Bottom