The Pop Tart thread

Woah.. Look at those smileys! What a nice forum. It's got a bit of a hospitalfeel to it though.
Guess it can't hurt to make an account there:
Username: "Troll"

Nah I'm just kidding. I won't poke on kemper. Guess I'll drop by to check out some clips or what they write about the axe-fx, heh.

Reactions: jon
Their forum format will cause some serious negative waves with a "Private" forum and a "Public" one.

From the Main Page on top:

Private discussion about the Kemper Profiling Amplifier. The forum is for registered KPA owners only. We may supply support through this forum and email.
Everybody can read this forum, only registered owners can post.

I'll probably own a Kemper at some point. I'll probably still have an Axe FX too.

It's gear... use whatever works for you. These X vs Y arguments are childish.

I make sure to keep my 6 string guitars away from my 5 string bass... and I never allow pop tarts in the music room... too much infighting...

My Pod HD is right next to the AXFXII as well as the VG99.... that hardware gets along just fine..

Such is peaceful bliss... hmmm... no Kemper's on the horizon... I want to keep all my toys and pop tarts happy......;)

Their forum format will cause some serious negative waves with a "Private" forum and a "Public" one.

Private discussion about the Kemper Profiling Amplifier. The forum is for registered KPA owners only. We may supply support through this forum and email.

Yea, they are known for that :/ I remember just wanting some help with a setup and another time to upgrade firmware and download the manual and had to register my serial :/ nothing wrong with that, but in this day and age of technology and freely available info, why should it be so hard to just get a user manual?!?! For a 3000$ piece of gear, I'd think a manual available would help in luring prospective users who would like to take a read and see if it works for them....

I always download a products manual to see if it will work for me in the context I want it to.

But back to topic - my least fav pop tart is the strawberry one :/ tastes so fake and plastic :/ I think they have an HD version coming out soon tho.....

What do you mean childish? Nothing childish about flavoured cardboard, that's for sure.
I think few of us will be able to try both the kemper and axe-fx.

It's like a hypothetical argue:
Jack Dee Live Again. Part 9 - YouTube

My yankee American ear didn't understand a single word of that video. I'm pretty sure it starts out with "Rift, out of control, over Africa. In angry basket. Look lions." and it gets worse from there.

My yankee American ear didn't understand a single word of that video. I'm pretty sure it starts out with "Rift, out of control, over Africa. In angry basket. Look lions." and it gets worse from there.
Worse? You're saying that's not funny? I find it hilarious :D
What do you think is funny then? Maybe I like it too :)

Worse? You're saying that's not funny? I find it hilarious :D
What do you think is funny then? Maybe I like it too :)

It's not that I didn't think it was funny. I literally couldn't understand what he was saying. "Worse" as in "I understand less of what he's saying as the bit goes on". I loooooove stand up comedy, so I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I could understand what the heck he was saying!

They just want to prevent shills for other companies from posting glowing reviews of products that aren't actually available.

Hi Guys.

I'm the person who the OP quoted.

Good to be here. I own 2 Ultras. I love them. I also have an Eleven Rack, and was part of the Artist Preset team. I'm all about modelers.

Not sure how this will be taken, but I just wanted to post to get a few things out in the open:

1. I never wrote that post with the intent of starting a meltdown. Biggness quoted me without my knowledge. I posted that at HCAF because I'm really excited to try out the Kemper, and I'll have an eval unit soon. I mentioned the producers that have started using them in favor of the Axe, because it's true. That is not an insinuation that it's better, only that it's obviously very cool, if its even comparable to the AxeFX. With regard to the poster who asked why a big name producer would get rid of one, and not keep both, that's a very valid question. I work with a lot of noteworthy chaps in my position at Sweetwater, including Jason Suecof, Andy Sneap, Erik Rutan, Zeuss, Eyal Levi, and lots more. I can tell you that these people are not as recklessly wealthy as you might think, and many of them really value having space as well.

2. When I get my eval unit of the Kemper, I intend to post a completely unbiased review on HC and Youtube.

3. I'm not a shill. LOL. I'm someone happy enough with the Axe to own 2 of them. If I like the Kemper, I'll get one of those too.

4. With regard to the Kemper's availability, It's shipping to dealers in the next few weeks, but big names are getting them now. Not too different from the way Cliff handled the UltraII, IIRC.

Happy new year, all. Sorry if I don't respond to any potential responses to this post, but I don't really intend to hang out here much. As much as I love my AxeFX, I compare it to the band Tool. Great band, but the fans are crazy people. :)

Peace!

Last edited:
LOL!!! Welcome to the forum, and happy new year to you too! ;)

I was talking to a couple of my producer buddies today and they were interested in the kpa as well, so I'd like to hear your unbiased review when you get it! ;)

Do you fancy pop tarts tho? :p

Hi Guys.

I'm the person who the OP quoted.

Peace!

Hey there Loop!

I'm sorry if you felt you had to come here to defend your name. It wasn't necessary in my view. No egg on you. I didn't think you were a shill and I honestly don't think most did either, but I can't speak for everyone.

As you said, you didn't post that link here. My complaints, as most peoples were, were not with you or, importantly, what you said in a vacuum. Context matters.

Context is both the reason I don't think you are a shill and the reason I was annoyed by a link to what you said presented here as useful info on kemper "taking over".

I took a colorful but friendly shot at Biggness and Harmony Central. I stand by those. "Taking over" is the kind of troll food I don't miss from when I went to HC; An ad revenue driven place where that kind of stuff is expected and probably necessary to drive click-thrus on ads. Context. "taking over' was also the latest in a too long list of increasingly useless threads.

Yes, I absolutely take you at your word that the ?? studios did what you claim, but its still half the info.
I work in Sales.
My customers are not impressed with the mystery cool people dig it claim and I don't expect them to be.
Your reputation wasn't what I was taking a shot at when I said that 19 pages or whatever ago.
I came out and said I have no idea who that is, which is another reason why blind cross-posting is lame. Context.

While we are splitting verbal atoms, I don't see how it can be good to be here if you think the fans are all crazy people. Little dab of having it both ways. : ) I feel the same way about Slayer fans though.

Its cool that you have access to those folks! Ask Andy Sneap what we can do to fight the over-compression of everything metal. Its wounded some of the great stuff he's worked on, the departed Nevermore comes to mind. Definite upside to working at Sweetwater, of whom I am a customer I might add, I do appreciate the service difference! Its real.

That said, there is obviously a gentleman's disclosure when comparing a product you sell to one you don't - unless you aren't in a Sales role. As I am and I have to disclose that in certain settings. I work in software. I don't doubt your review will be truthful and unbias; our personal reputations are more important than who we work for this year. I would be offended if someone assumed I was full of piss just to make a few dollars.

That said, I think this is bar none, the most useful product specific forum I've been too. I don't own s ton of gear nor visit every forum, but here beats the forums for other gear I've owned. Given the depth of the AF, that's a good thing!

Glad you are happy wherever you virtually go and I wish you well at SW. Enjoy the toys and meeting some of the elite!

-P

Loopy!!!!

Whats up brother? I wondered if you'd chime in. ;) I'm waiting to hear your thoughts on the Kempler, I'm very curious, but like I said before, if it's as cool as product as the hype, then I'm saving up to get one, but at the same time, I don't see how it would replace the AFII, 2 completely different animals IMHO. More tools for us tools. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom