The Pop Tart thread

IMO... no, it doesn't. The way you have it worded (as a statement rather than a question) seems to me is just begging for what this thread has turned into. Since no tone can be inflected in typed words everything you write is open to misinterpretation. Had you phrased it as a question I doubt that you would have gotten the same responses we're seeing here now.

Totally agree, but these days people are so careless with words and saying what they truly mean. Language is taken for granted these days and the sender is no longer resposible for being clear and precise. The blame is focused on the receiver of a message if not properly understood.

As some one who had to retake grammer, in summer school, in 10th grade. "Kemper is taking over....?" KEMPER (the subject) IS, (the helping verb) TAKING (the verb) OVER (the prepisition) The ..... after the prepisition could mean, and so forth and so on, but that is followed by a ? So The statment that started this post is not in question, "Kemper is taking over" but the ...... (and so forth and so on) is questioned. The statement, Kemper is taking over, is "implied" and why people are taking offence. Maybe the post should have read, Is Kemper taking over? Either way, I HATED GRAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I love my Fractal;-))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
It seems to me if the op was posted at TGP or some other forum it would be ok, but posting something like that on Fractal's own forum seems a bit wrong to me..
I have nothing against KPA..just saying.. and no, don't think KPA will be taking over.

Nikki, is it a question or not?!? HAHAHAHAHA :D
lol!
The whole thing is too funny. A Sweetwater salesman posts something intentionally inflammatory to garner sales, perhaps in hopes of having his name ride along with it (comission is the name of the game over there.. for some). He then goes on to chide posters in this forum, referring to us as "..pretentious owners" (sic). Perhaps I am pompous as well...

In a situation such as this, I would welcome something like the Kemper for several reasons, including, as an owner of a product that could be cited as being a "competitor's product," that it would thus provide a significant nudge to both devs to strive for yet greater goals. I have no idea about the Kemper team (other than the brilliant Access Virus work), but in Cliff's case, I do not see "competition" providing much in the way of inspiring that "corporate push." From my observations, it appears Cliff is like one of us geeks and simply and truly enjoys building stuff, be it hardware or software, or both. When people appreciate it, it is the genius of the geek, and the appreciation of their work that provides the drive. He betters himself; he grows. This is the geek way. (apologies if I am wrong, and/or if the label "geek" offends. IMO, geek is a label I wear with honor.. the bruises and scars now worn proudly in defiance of a label that was meant to diminish)

If Kemper puts out a product with as much love, and holds to their individual ethics (as Cliff has.. which I have incredible respect for), then I see it as a win-win for us. Early days Marshall vs Mesa? Strat vs Les Paul? MXR vs EHX? Axe vs Kemper? Strawberry vs Chocolate? Pfft. IMO, Fractal's pieces stand on their own. Can the Axe do everything? Of course not! And that is why, even as a proud & quite happy (and evidently pretentious ;) ) Axe owner and gear whore, I would love to own every piece of gear I have mentioned in this post. Heck... give me a warehouse and staff to maintain it all! I would gladly share every piece of it with friends and fellow musicians.

I will not take part in some ridiculous idea of "war." But, I will use the gear involved to write songs about it.. if I can get some of it comp'd :D

Isn't the OP the guy that Cliff had to slap down a few times over his attitude concerning the waiting list.

Sounds like Sour Grapes to me. This thread sucks its ridiculous

Isn't the OP the guy that Cliff had to slap down a few times over his attitude concerning the waiting list.

Sounds like Sour Grapes to me. This thread sucks its ridiculous
I just remember op for posting a Cameron clip going from full on gain to clean with the volume knob. It was pretty sweet.

OK.. I'm probably being dumb here... but I thought the AXE also has the ability to shoot an IR of an amp/cab, therefore making it a "modeler" with "profile capability"? Yes/No?

As far as the flame war... let's get over it.

I have way more than one brand of gear.

Like you say Nikki, I have ARP synths and Moog synths and Oberheim synths in the studio, and they all get along fine.. :) Just tools to make music. I have a KPA preordered, but I always like to buy everything just to check it out, and if the KPA has something unique to offer I'll keep it, but the Axe isn't going anywhere, the Axe II just keeps getting better, and better, every day and it was an awesome sounding unit to start with..
There are a few things i really do not like on the KPA, the design doesn't really work for me, live or studio, it will take 4 or 5 rack spaces to fit that in a rack, also it's missing some effects i need, like Pitch stuff, seems limited(from reading the manual) as far as effects routing, also from emails to KPA it does seem to offer any protection on the XLR's in case you accidentally end up with 48 v phantom power from a preamp, or mixer, especially live when you never know how many beers the monitor guy has had that day..lol
I'm even debating now if i should wait till NAMM to find out if they'll announce a 2-3 rack space unit instead, I'd prefer that, we'll see..

didn't read the whole thread, but didn't get a hint of "flame bait!1" from the first post personally.
interesting to hear about other gear in "THE LOUNGE".

Jeezus... 12 fricken pages of posts about this? Congrats, biggness... you've managed to stir up more shit... again. He's got a history of this. Go look up some of his prior posts.

Back
Top Bottom