The Pop Tart thread

Reminds me of pepsi vs cola, pc vs mac, tea vs coffee ;)
No-one held a gun to my head to get the Axe II, just as if I'd made a choice to buy a Kemper once again it would be 100% my choice.
I dont play Fender guitars. Is there anything wrong with Fender guitars ? Absolutely not. They just arent for me ( just as am sure there are plenty out there who dont play Ibanez / Gibson / Yamaha guitars which I love for the same reason ).
No-one else can tell you what your hands, fingers and ears like better than yourself so grab whatever works for you and take care of the only thing that matter - enjoying it !

Don't get me started on pop tarts man! Hahaha

Although I see this thread headed in that direction now! Hahahaha

I know a famous guitarist and label owner that recently tried brown sugar cinnamon pop-tarts and sold all their cinnamon raisin english muffins!!! Pop-Tart 12-pack FTW! (and yes, I realize that Pop-Tarts use sugar-modeling technology, while english muffins use egg profiling)

BTW- the engineer/producer mentioned in the HC forum post? Not Devin (not that it matters... but, since I drink the same kool-aid as Devin, and use the same deodorant/anti-perspirant, I figured..)

I prefer the old pop tart firmware. The new one gets me fat in the bass area and makes a loud 'pop' after microwave startup.

Thread derailing has begun!

One of the hardest things I've learned in my musical life is that everything is subjective and that's OK. Tone is so subjective that it requires parameters and context to interpret almost every single time. When a clip is posted, there are questions that run through the minds of the listeners and "what if" scenarios, such as "Is this a full band mix? What does it sound like double-tracked? How does it feel?". Not to mention the arguments that could be made about the speakers you're listening to the clip through and if you've been exposed to loud noises or listening critically for several hours prior to hearing the clip.

I've spent the last two years chasing what other people think is good tone and making sure it "fits in a live mix". Two years of agonizing over every little nuance in the axe fx. I went into the studio and the producer says, "Yeah, that tone's not going to work. It's too thin, way too much gain, and not a very 'modern' sound. You have this vintage midrange thing going on that I don't think works for this style." Of course, I was furious, but after double, triple, and in some cases quad tracking the guitars, I realized that I didn't know how all of those tracks stacked on top of each other would sound. As it turns out, my opinion of what good tone was BEFORE I started chasing down what other people thought was good tone was actually much more usable for the style I play (a stompbox in front of a bass amp).

The moral of the story is, you have to use what works for you. It doesn't matter what else is out there, who uses it, what they sound like, ect... You have to use what sounds good to YOU and nobody else. Sharing sounds with people on the internet is a great way to open your world to more sounds that you can then try for yourself, but in the end, you have to use what you like; not what somebody else says is great. Kemper and Axe FX can exist in the same market and these threads wouldn't be flame wars if people would just accept that people have different preferences.

Jeezus... 12 fricken pages of posts about this? Congrats, biggness... you've managed to stir up more shit... again. He's got a history of this. Go look up some of his prior posts.

You sure about that?

I do remember posting about the Tone Merchants wait list being started. That didn't go too well. Wasn't my fault though, just quite a few childish people couldn't cope with it. I did receive about 30 PM's thanking me for posting it though, so not all was for naught.

I do remember the TM wait list taking A LOT longer than what initially announced, with no updates whatsoever from either side. We all know how long that took, nikki-k being one of the involved parties.

Other than that, every single one of my posts have been either helpful or humorous or both. (Unless it dealt with Clark Kent lol)

Just because you do not agree with what I am saying does mean I am stirring up shit. ;)

You sure about that?

Just because you do not agree with what I am saying does mean I am stirring up shit. ;)

The whole point of your post was to stir up. How are in you in such denial about this? The very title made that obvious.
Your post had no data (in a forum where people post spectrographs, and shoot their own IRs!) and was a STONE COLD LOCK to create drama. I said that 13 pages ago and the evidence is pretty clear that I was 100% right.

Scott had it right, go say the same thing at the other forum about the other amp and see how wonderfully you get treated.

I wasn't mad at you, I don't even know you, but I'm dumbfounded how someone with so many posts can be blind to a non-advertising, one product forum not being for drive by, competitive hazings leading to hugs.

Yeah, but they are great snack food.. <unfortunately>

:lol

+1 I snack on them while at work. I try to pick up healthy snacks like granola, nuts, etc. while at the store, but... I end up with 2 or 3 boxes of Pop Tarts in my cart instead. :eek:ops

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom