The pedal to turn on/off wah

Hitoshi Kato

Inspired
Hello,

I use EV-2 by fractal audio as my pedal for wah.
I wonder if I can turn on/off wah block just by using this pedal as if I use my real crybaby.
Can someone share how to do?

I usually need to change the scene for this purpose (e.g. scene 1 for wah block bypassed, scene 2 for wah turned on).

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Hello,

I use EV-2 by fractal audio as my pedal for wah.
I wonder if I can turn on/off wah block just by using this pedal as if I use my real crybaby.
Can someone share how to do?

I usually need to change the scene for this purpose (e.g. scene 1 for wah block bypassed, scene 2 for wah turned on).

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Have you tried using auto engage? If you go to the wah block in Axe Edit, right click the control knob, that will take you to the wah modifier page. Select your source 1 to wherever your EV-2 is plugged into. Mine's set to FC1 Pedal 1 as its plugged into my FC6.

Set the auto engage setting to whatever setting suits you. I usually set mine to Med position and that's it.

Last edited:
Have you tried using auto engage? If you go to the wah block in Axe Edit, right click the control knob, that will take you to the wah modifier page. Select your source 1 to wherever your EV-2 is plugged into. Mine's set to FC1 Pedal 1 as its plugged into my FC6.

Set the auto engage setting to whatever setting suits you. I usually set mine to Med position and that's it.
I found the functionality and it’s very useful!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

I use 2 exp pedals...one for wah, one for volume after the amp/before delay and verb.
Wah is off on heel down. Volume is off on heel down and tuner is engaged...it's quite handy
Can you please advise me how you set up like that?

Reactions: RLD
Can you please advise me how you set up like that?

Pretty much the same as the wah but with the volume block. You won't need to set the auto engage on that as long as the vol block is on in every scene. I do the same as well set to FC1 Pedal 2 on mine. The tuner heel down function is in midi/remote section in the setup menu. Page over to other and you'll see it.

Reactions: RLD
To set up the control, right-click (control-click on mac) the yellow circle (will become a yellow dot when modifier is attached):
Screen%20Shot%202021-01-03%20at%2011.15.57%20AM.png

These settings get pretty close to my Budda BudWah pedal, which now sits in the drawer with its cranky, sometimes-doesn't-switch toe switch. I am much happier with the digital version. I use it with a Mission wah controller, so the pedal sweep/feel is pretty much 100% accurate, as they use Dunlop wah shells as a starting point for building their wah controller pedals.

Here are my settings for toe-switch simulation of Crybaby wah switching:
Screen%20Shot%202021-01-03%20at%2011.15.51%20AM.png

The scale and offset allow the switching to occur outside of the sweep of the modifier - i.e., the modifier goes full range and hits a plateau at the toe end, so that you get the full range of the wah pedal, and avoid the auto-switch part of the sweep.
This lets you set the auto engage to "Fast Pos", which seems best for this purpose, and eliminates the lag in switching that occurs when you use one of the less-fast settings, and allows you to leave it on and somewhere in the middle to do the Michael Schenker 'cocked-wah' mid filter trick.

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom