AFIII The Party's Over Journey

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I hope you guys aren't getting tired of this, lol. Here's a Journey song we are working on so I thought I'd play with a backing track (no guitars on the track). It's a busy thing with no solo but the intro riff is surprisingly super tricky! Anyway the meds are helping a lot so I feel great. The extra dancing I do is a side effect of the dopa I'm on but it's better to dance than to have the stiffness and tremors!! Oh ya it's "The Party's Over" by Journey.

Awesome! First concert I took my girlfriend to in high school was a Journey concert in Houston. Always loved this song.
I was working on the intro for awhile - time to get back to it!

Are we gonna get the preset?

Awesome! First concert I took my girlfriend to in high school was a Journey concert in Houston. Always loved this song.

It sounds like his "usual" preset ( look for it on Axechange ) ..., @Mark Day will have to let us know which scene he used ?

Same as always factory preset 375 on FM3, FM9 and Axe-Fx III :)

It sounds like his "usual" preset ( look for it on Axechange ) ..., @Mark Day will have to let us know which scene he used ?
Yup Factory preset 375 on all devices scene 2 but I shut off the reverb block on this one...I think lol.

Getting tired of this?
I should say not Mark!
How could one possibly get tired of your relentless inspirational awesomeness my friend?!
Rock-On-Rocker!

Dude!! I've been goofin around trying to get that lick right for years! It's quite tricky...but then, most of Schon's "simple" sounding licks are some of his most tricky ones. Thanks for posting, Mark!

Back
Top Bottom