• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

The Party's Over Journey

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I hope you guys aren't getting tired of this, lol. Here's a Journey song we are working on so I thought I'd play with a backing track (no guitars on the track). It's a busy thing with no solo but the intro riff is surprisingly super tricky! Anyway the meds are helping a lot so I feel great. The extra dancing I do is a side effect of the dopa I'm on but it's better to dance than to have the stiffness and tremors!! Oh ya it's "The Party's Over" by Journey.

KeithO

Awesome! First concert I took my girlfriend to in high school was a Journey concert in Houston. Always loved this song.
I was working on the intro for awhile - time to get back to it!

Are we gonna get the preset?

R.D.

Power User
Awesome! First concert I took my girlfriend to in high school was a Journey concert in Houston. Always loved this song.

It sounds like his "usual" preset ( look for it on Axechange ) ..., @Mark Day will have to let us know which scene he used ?

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems

Same as always factory preset 375 on FM3, FM9 and Axe-Fx III :)

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
It sounds like his "usual" preset ( look for it on Axechange ) ..., @Mark Day will have to let us know which scene he used ?
Yup Factory preset 375 on all devices scene 2 but I shut off the reverb block on this one...I think lol.

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems

JOHNNYROCKIT

Power User
Getting tired of this?
I should say not Mark!
How could one possibly get tired of your relentless inspirational awesomeness my friend?!
Rock-On-Rocker!

Rhodes

Experienced
Dude!! I've been goofin around trying to get that lick right for years! It's quite tricky...but then, most of Schon's "simple" sounding licks are some of his most tricky ones. Thanks for posting, Mark!

Top Bottom