The Ownhammer Heavy Hitters Collection is out! (ORG 412, USA IIC++ clip inside)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,

After months of anticipation the Ownhammer 'Heavy Hitters Collection' is finally OUT!
As a beta tester I've had a great time testing this pack out, making mixes and recording clips.
Kevin has been working on this pack for about 6 months and he has really worked his ass off.
When you play through these IR's you'll really notice how much love and attention to detail was put into this pack.
I'm so proud of this guy!

I've now also recorded a clip with the Orange 4x12 which must be my favorite OH cab currently out.
Of course I used the mighty new USA IIC++ Metallica amp model because it's impossible to make it sound bad :)

Listen to that clip here:

I've also made a video for the release of this pack demonstrating the contents and giving some audio examples etc.
You can watch that video here:

If you want more info you can ask me anything here.
I also recommend visiting the Ownhammer V4 thread for more info about this pack and other recent OH releases:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...response-libraries.112901/page-6#post-1390490

Yesssss I've been waiting for this pack! Okay plan for Sunday, drink large amounts of Tim Hortons dark roast coffee, mow the lawn, go to a friends sons birthday party then get home ASAP to make loud noises :) Yup that's my day today, hmmm now how can I get out of mowing the lawn and the kids party lol

Just checked these out quickly. From what I've tried thus far... they sound superb. Definitely some of Kevin's best work. Very balanced. Thanks for the clips Jon. Fantastic as usual.

Just checked these out quickly. From what I've tried thus far... they sound superb. Definitely some of Kevin's best work. Very balanced. Thanks for the clips Jon. Fantastic as usual.

Totally agree!
He truly achieved something special with this pack.

Everything has been a consistent, quality progress with Kevin over the years of doing this. With that in mind, one other word that came to mind when moving through these... "refined". Great work, Kev.

I have like many others been looking for the ultimate in heavy. Jon always makes everything sound so good. Ive bought many packs from 'both' the big IR sellers, and I am often just going back to stock IR's.

Is there anything that makes these stand out over others or previous? Also, I notice it is volume I, that can only mean there are plans for more? (also in the past Ive not been overwhelmed by Orange or Diesel IR's) Id be a little interested in how these particular cabs got chosen.

Is there anything that makes these stand out over others or previous? Also, I notice it is volume I, that can only mean there are plans for more? (also in the past Ive not been overwhelmed by Orange or Diesel IR's) Id be a little interested in how these particular cabs got chosen.

Well the feature set, mix and mic options for one.
Next to the usual Ownhammer feature set this pack has some extra goodies such as the V30 blends which shouldn't be overlooked.
And the Volume 1 thing probably means that there will be a Volume 2, we'll see! ;)
I can't tell you how these cabs were chosen exactly but I can tell you that they sound unique so they are definitely not redundant.
You get 3 speaker options for every cab.
Those speakers were carefully selected to work well with the cab's they're in.
That's something unique that Ownhammer is doing and I recommend checking out the alternative speaker options.
They work surprisingly well in my experience.

Just purchased the Heavy Hitters pac last night.
Wow! Over 8000 IRs. I'm quite overwhelmed. I really don't know where to start.
So far, the few that I've tried have been awesome!

Just purchased the Heavy Hitters pac last night.
Wow! Over 8000 IRs. I'm quite overwhelmed. I really don't know where to start.
So far, the few that I've tried have been awesome!
Awesome! Congrats!
The A1 picks and summary folders are there if you want to keep things simple.
If I were you I would just use those for now until you feel that you need to dive in deeper.
Picking great IR's from this pack definitely isn't hard.

What I find with the Axe, is that with the constant firmware updates and the cab packs, I'm constantly inspired. So much so, that I have become a better player. It's the first music product that I never get bored with. I have absolutely no regrets selling my amp. I was solely playing bass when I got the Axe. I have since bought a 74' Les Paul Custom and play that more than bass. I am running the Axe with a Matrix GT1600 thru an Ampeg 810 SVT Heritage cab. Sounds killer.

The CUT + 121 mixes sound pretty friggen' huge over here. Really having a hard time choosing a favorite, but the Diezel, and Orange/Mesa blends (all V30 options) are hitting that sweet spot for me. Kevin didn't have these in the last beta folder, so it's cool to discover them now.

The CUT + 121 mixes sound pretty friggen' huge over here. Really having a hard time choosing a favorite, but the Diezel, and Orange/Mesa blends (all V30 options) are hitting that sweet spot for me. Kevin didn't have these in the last beta folder, so it's cool to discover them now.
I definitely need to give those a go again @JustinYork !
What other files have you been digging recently?

I definitely need to give those a go again @JustinYork !
What other files have you been digging recently?

To be honest, I haven't really had to go very deep with this library, so my answer is kinda boring. The A1 folder takes care of most of my "tweak geek" tendencies, but I also loaded up all of the CUT+121 files. I'm sure I'll eventually end up diving into the HHC further, but right now I'm just having fun playing.

The second video has some amazing sounds
Did you use the same amp on all the speakers in the second video?

What amp did you use?

Love your sounds!

Back
Top Bottom