The old Axe-FX Forum is dead

Like Cliff dropping the very first AxeFx in the ocean?

The first years there was not publicity, just mouth to mouth over the forums. But once there was a full page ad on a magazine showing a very hot girl with the Axe-FX over the sand at the beach. Where is it? Or did I dream it? :D

Wait a sec, there was another forum before this?

From 2006 until July 2008. That was when this forum was created by FAS, so I decided to put the old one on standby. On 2015 Setb.com, the forum host, disappeared without notice and all contents was lost.

I started that user's forum after I read one review about the Axe-FX standard at Huge-Racks-Inc in 2006. It was too good to believe it, so I suspected that it could have been made by a friend of the manufacturer. At that time there was absolutely no information about the Axe-FX, not even a Fractal Audio web site. Only one interview to Cliff where when asked what he would do after the Axe-FX, he said that he would like to build a device to read the mind of his cats. I am eagerly waiting for it 😼

So I started that forum to attract real users and know their opinions. It didn't take me to long to be convinced. I bought the first unit that was sent to Europe, through a friend that I made at the forum (G66 did not exist). The rest is history.

Last edited:
The old forum and wiki were great places. I learnt so much. Things got more professional after that, which also means losing part of the early adopter vibe and fun.

That forum and those times were great...there was a sense of pioneering and discovery that was fresh, innovative, formative, and very exciting. Indeed the AFX was 'underground' in a way and you felt like you knew a big secret that the rest of the world wasn't aware of yet...the start of a long association with FAS and modeling tech that was going to 'get it right', finally, and without compromise.

"We'd be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom