The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

Well, I just had a crazy thing happen. I was using a combination of someone else's suggestion and my own homebrew to try to get a II. The only problem was that something went whacky and it not only ordered 1, it ordered 3 and the system let me do it. I just checked my bank and FA has authorized the amt for 3 II's against my card, so they must deauthorize multiple units by actual human intervention. I emailed them to tell them what happened and to ask them to take 2 out and offer them to others. If they don't and sell me 3, I'll just offer them up at what I paid. I'm glad to have one (I hope), but really wish they'd just all gone off to people on the waiting list including me, in order for $2200. I could handle a couple of weeks, even a month, but the whole lack of detail about the list was driving me nuts.

I decided to pay the extra $ because: a) I could b) I knew I'd just obsess over the whole thing until I had one c) I sold my Ultra and am Axe-less for the first time in 2.5 yrs, and d) there's a whole Axe/computer/pedals looping rig concept I've been working on and now had all the pieces to implement except the Axe, so my patience was extra thin (just like my wallet now;-).

I apologize to anyone shut out by my screw up. That was not my intention at all.

Mike

PS Just checked my order at Yahoo and it shows 1 unit, so that part's been corrected. Hopefully they manage to change the charge to my card as well or I'll have just made whatever the guy might get on Ebay for that unit seem like chump change.

That sucks. Was seeing the same thing when I was testing methods out. If you refresh the page while the cart is loading it will add another unit to your cart for as many times as you refreshed until the page finally loaded.

Did you order from the first or second batch today? Fractal will likely email you as well to tell you they are cancelling two of them. If you were from the second batch there is a good chance there will be a 3rd batch today with your two extras in it.

I ordered from the 2nd batch. I haven't gotten the cancellation email, but when checking order status in the store, it originally showed all 3, but now only shows 1, so you may be right about 2 more either being offered later today or thrown in with tomorrow's lot.

I can also be removed from the wait list I was around 70th on the list.

Mike

My girl is so excited about the new axe fx we ordered today
she is already looking for new tunes to play on it!
98547789.jpg

I am answering my self just thinking about it by the time I paid for shipping insurance and new shipping charges it wouldn't
be worth it. I am looking forward to delivery I chose 2nd day air. Now I can spend the entire day looking at the tracking
number and not the yahoo store. I am a poster child for OCD

Sounds like you'll get it Monday. It will be shipped out tomorrow (Thursday) and probably be in or near your local sort facility by Saturday, but UPS typically doesn't deliver residential on a Saturday. Hope I'm wrong though! I've had this same exact scenario before hoping I would get it by the weekend using 2nd day air and it ended up being a waste of $$$ for me. Either way 2nd day air should be sooner than standard ground for you.

Anybody tally up the number of winners today?

I saw at least six.

The last two days virtually all the Store stock has gone to Forum members determined to get one "right now". Plus, they seem to be adding a few more units per day to the Store than they were last week. By next week units may be sitting in the Store for some time. I think there is a fair possibility we may get our Wait List sometime next week.

Last edited:
Anybody tally up the number of winners today?

I did a careful count. Between the two releases today FOURTEEN forum members got their II's!
The most ever for a single day. The most stock ever in the Store for a single day!.
I think Fractal is catching up a bit.

These were the winners today:

andyG
Finnster
scarr
echo44
LostInSpace
zionplayer
bigupdeis
KevHo
m lebofsky
MikeyB59
iggypop
AXEGRINDER
CAxN
zaphoid

That's alot of mouths fed. Come on, Wait List!

Last edited:
Yeah, hopefully by the end of this week all of the forum members that need one now will have purchased one. However, there's no telling how many will jump ship and pay the extra $400 each day we go without hearing word about impending wait list implementation. It's a vicious circle (and one with too many variables to account for), thus, it seems like all we can do is muse and wait for info from official channels.

Yeah, when I hear that any of the first few on the list get an email, I'll feel a whole lot better.

These were the winners today:

andyG
Finnster
scarr
echo44
LostInSpace
zionplayer
bigupdeis
KevHo
m lebofsky
MikeyB59
iggypop
AXEGRINDER
CAxN

Add Zaphoid to that list : )

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the folks on the Tone Merchants waiting list have confirmed to start getting units or emails about when they will? Biggness....I know you're on the list....any info yet?

i'm 33rd i think on the unofficial wait list. I have tried everyday, but have had poor luck to buy one. I am officially giving up skipping the list. Let's hope for quick wait list implementation. :), and save the $400

Another couple of days with numbers like that in the Store and I believe
the Premium price demand will be spent. I don't think there are more than
30 people left on the Board who absolutely HAVE to have their II's immediately.

Plus, when alot of us 'fence sitters' who are wondering whether to jump now see
mass quantities of units at the Store daily, they will feel encouraged to hold on
for the Wait List.

Last edited:
Definitely. Even though we're not hearing much from FAS, we should be appreciative of 1) that there seem to be more units making their way to the store each day (now sometimes 3 batches) and 2) that these batches are lasting longer in the store (which would hopefully mean that the number of people desperate for one is decreasing).

Last edited:
I wonder if they are actually producing more units a day now, or if they fulfilled other obligations and now can devote more to the online store.

Back
Top Bottom