The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

Unfortunately I think the wait list will wait as long as people will pay the premium, and will take an indeterminable amount of time. I'd assume it will be months, not weeks for a 2199 unit.

I hope that's not true. If the "list" just keeps waiting indefinitely, then it seems kind of a douche-y move to bump the price $400
after creating a huge demand based on a price of $2199 that was quoted publicly for weeks. Alot of people made rig decisions based on
that information. In marketing, that tactic is called "bait and switch".

I wonder how Cliff would feel if his chassis supplier told him, "hey I understand you got a new hit product!? Cool for you, but I got kids to
feed, so share the wealth brother, the price has to go up now, say...20%!" Would Cliff say, "God Bless free enterprise!", or would
his reaction be somewhat less appreciative?

If he is going to service the list now in some small way, totally cool. But if there if going to be no information on the list (with the
unspoken subtext being....you wait however long until premium demand dries up), then I find that a dis-service as a customer.
Tell me in plain English how its going to be.

Last edited:
I hope that's not true. If the "list" just keeps waiting indefinitely, then it seems kind of a douche-y move to bump the price $400
after creating a huge demand based on a price of $2199 that was quoted publicly for weeks. Alot of people made rig decisions based on
that information. In marketing, that tactic is called "bait and switch".

I wonder how Cliff would feel if his chassis supplier told him, "hey I understand you got a new hit product!? Cool for you, but I got kids to
feed, so share the wealth brother, the price has to go up now, say...20%!" Would Cliff say, "God Bless free enterprise!", or would
his reaction be somewhat less appreciative?

If he is going to service the list now in some small way, totally cool. But if there if going to be no information on the list (with the
unspoken subtext being....you wait however long until premium demand dries up), then I find that a dis-service as a customer.
Tell me in plain English how its going to be.

How is it bait and switch to add you to a wait list to buy the product advertised at the price advertised? You're still #21(ish -- the forum list isn't absolute) in line for that.

If his chassis supplier said that, Cliff could go find another supplier. You can do the same.

From history, the fact that this is how the list will operate isn't entirely unspoken. He's said absolutely nothing to contradict it, and everything has allowed for it. Plan accordingly.

Bait and switch would be advertising one product, then refusing to sell it, but instead selling another product. If you don't believe me, ask the FTC.

All they've basically done is change the price of the product to a new, advertised price. A company is within its rights to do that.

the price $2,599 has ALWAYS been on the site. But they started with a discount of $2,199, and have once again offered said discount price again to anyone willing to wait, but removed the across the board discount after 1 week of selling.

Target puts new cd's out at $9.99 for the first week, then they go to $11.99 or whatever the final sale price is....is that bullshit too? Just wondering. Exact same concept.

I still can't believe the bitching that occurs on here. I try to not read it, but it is like Jerry Springer, so over the top...you just have to watch the crazies sometimes and laugh at the absurdity.

Yes, 2499 was the previous msrp, I imagine the hike was intended to deter line jumpers, or at least profit from someone's impatience.

Yes, 2499 was the previous msrp, I imagine the hike was intended to deter line jumpers, or at least profit from someone's impatience.

Seems to not have affected the demand as much as anticipated... its still impossible to get haha. Then again it has only been a day so I don't have a whole lot of room to talk.

Today I'll slam that page till I get mine, no bull, man. I feel things are going to get harder and harder, as more people hear about the Axe the following weeks/months.

Back
Top Bottom