The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

For all we know, there is a very large pool of people willing to pay an extra $400, particularly if their only other option is to get on a long waiting list. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes the first people who get coupons to be able to use them. I would have liked to see a larger price difference (maybe $1000+) to make the waiting list a clearer choice for more people, but that's just me.

I imagine the trick is to price it high enough that some people will still buy at the higher price, while the rest are content to wait.

Since we saw this relatively soon, are "we" higher on that list??? Could have a coupon poll, even.

FWIW, I will continue to update the first post as I learn about units going to the store. Which will presumably be for those willing to spend the extra money or those that have coupons.

So based on the numbers at the top of the thread, about 15 units were produced and sold on the online store last week. So it looks like if you're around #100 on the waiting list, you're looking at 6 - 7 weeks minimum at the current rate of production, and that doesn't include the units that will allocated for the people that are willing to drop and extra 400 to get it earlier, so realistically probably looking at 2-3 months.

Even 2 to three months wait on the waiting list is better than playing the F5 lottery against all the special computer programs that people are starting to use or at least for me

For those that were on the MFC waitlist, did you wait a few years to get your code? If you used it, wasn't the unit at the "sale price" and when you used the code, did it actually bring it down below the "sale price?"

My thought is this. If you get a $400 coupon and you only get it in a few years, then when you use it at the $2,200 "sale price" then you could actually get it for $1,800.

It's going to be hilarious if someone has a bot running, doesn't see the waitlist announcement, and ends up with a $2600 AxeII when they're not expecting it!! :)

Anyways, I'm near the top of the list so I have some hope, but I am a bit worried that coupons are going to be slow to come out when there's probably going to be plenty of people wiling to pay the extra $400...

I dont think so. You dont know how they allocated productions units nor how many were actually produced.

So based on the numbers at the top of the thread, about 15 units were produced and sold on the online store last week. So it looks like if you're around #100 on the waiting list, you're looking at 6 - 7 weeks minimum at the current rate of production, and that doesn't include the units that will allocated for the people that are willing to drop and extra 400 to get it earlier, so realistically probably looking at 2-3 months.

This whole situation is bad for all but Cliff. People are on a list that doesn't really do too much but they stop bitching at Cliff and for those that are willing to pay will bring in a higher profit margin for him. Wooo....

This whole situation is bad for all but Cliff. People are on a list that doesn't really do too much but they stop bitching at Cliff and for those that are willing to pay will bring in a higher profit margin for him. Wooo....

Check out the "premium price" poll thread. Last I checked, only 20% of responders were now still interested in paying the premium price. So the price raise has cut immediate demand by 80% and should allow people to get their units in an orderly fashion. No constant refreshing the store, being on edge all day, trying to luck into the 10 second window to purchase. And yes, Fractal will make some extra money out of the arrangement as well. Seems win/win to me.

I had a feeling this was coming. IMO the axe. II is easily worth the extra money. and if given the opportunity will pay it.
That being said, Fractal does not seem to appreciate their customers excitement and devotion. I get an inner sense they are mocking us. Just a gut feeling! they definitely can improve on their communication. The question is was all this prerelease hype a setup? Brilliant business move! Release only a few units at a time creating complete frenzy. let it soak in and than raise the price leaving people feeling hopeless and give in and pay more money.

think about this :
what do you think a new axe fx II in box never opened would
sell on eBay with worldwide shipping? I am guessing around $3000 min.
I am sure some folks will by these and try to turn a profit. This will increase the
waiting time for those with coupons even longer!

I have bought lots of boutique equipment including just placing an order for a brown tone amp.
For companies who respect their customers it works like this. With the brown tone amp Also purchased on the Yahoo store
I had to pay the money upfront and was put on a waiting list, This is currently running around 5 weeks. No raising the price because of high demand. No bot necessary since my place is reserved. It is a great experience no BS. It's a win win. The company gets my money in advance so they know I am a serious buyer. I win because I can sit back and relax knowing
I have a unit reserved. If I cancel my order before it's built I get my money back. So simple, yet effective and fair.

Last edited:
think about this :
what do you think a new axe fx II in box never opened would
sell on eBay with worldwide shipping? I am guessing around $3000 min.
I am sure some folks will by these and try to turn a profit. This will increase the
waiting time for those with coupons even longer!

current coupon holders will have just as good a chance at buying through the online store as anyone else. and if any single buyer was taking up too much quantity for themselves or if Cliff saw that they were simply reselling on ebay, I'm sure he would take measures to stop that.

the only real bottleneck on the waiting list that I can see is how long they decide to wait to issue coupons to the next folks on the list when people don't use them immediately. I'm sure there will be some people who change their mind and don't have the courtesy to let Fractal know they won't be taking advantage of their coupon.

I have bought lots of boutique equipment including just placing an order for a brown tone amp.
For companies who respect their customers it works like this. With the brown tone amp Also purchased on the Yahoo store
I had to pay the money upfront and was put on a waiting list, This is currently running around 5 weeks. No raising the price because of high demand. No bot necessary since my place is reserved. It is a great experience no BS.

Cliff stated on the gear page that he is not comfortable taking money up front, for a number of reasons. That's his prerogative.

The price hasn't been raised to take advantage of high demand. It's been raised to DISCOURAGE demand. What else could he do? Make people promise not to jump ahead on the waiting list? The only effective way to make the waiting list work is to raise the price.

don't you think the reason he doesn't take money up front is so he doesn't loose his flexibility
to raise the price? why would any business owner want less demand? demand drives price!
Cliff is playing this smart. I can oly speak from my own experience which includes lots of buying
boutique gear. This has been a unique situation which seems geared to maximize profits at the expense of
the customers comfort. IMO now if I am wrong so be it. the reason there is all this speculation and bad energy
is because the communication has been very poor between Fractal and their loyal customers.

Back
Top Bottom