The "Official" unofficial Axe Fx II US Purchase Availability Thread

On a positive note, the more times they get bought, the less competition and botters we will have to deal with. Unless there are some bots out there trying to get them for the purpose of ebay... just the thought grinds my gears.
So true. I haven't see any scalpers appear on the bay yet. If that happened, I wouldn't buy from them anyway.

Of course, if someone sees them, that could be useful information as well.

On a positive note, the more times they get bought, the less competition and botters we will have to deal with. Unless there are some bots out there trying to get them for the purpose of ebay... just the thought grinds my gears.

This. Guys as bad as we all want axe 2, SAY NO TO EVIL BAY! The last thing I wanna see is some dirtbag with seven computers with bots on the yahoo store buying all the axe 2s and taking advantage of people. I hope fractal locks ip addresses with each purchase.

This whole thing is a farce. Fractal should have kept the entire project under wraps until they had at least 400-500 units boxed up and ready to ship. That eliminates pissed off customers when the enivitable production delays occur. After you've stockpiled, THEN you start a countdown. 5-10 units a day is a JOKE considering we were told there would be plenty. Plenty in what time frame? 2 years, 3 years? Give me a waiting list any day. This sniping and bot crap is a joke. This isn't eBay or Ticketmaster. God forbid someone is handicapped or otherwise physically unable to plow through 3 pages of form fields in less than 10 seconds. Even the much-hated Ticketmaster gives you 2 minutes to enter your information once you've locked tickets. All these games are going to cause the price of II's to double on eBay. The gouging is going to be monumental...

Last edited:
This. Guys as bad as we all want axe 2, SAY NO TO EVIL BAY! The last thing I wanna see is some dirtbag with seven computers with bots on the yahoo store buying all the axe 2s and taking advantage of people. I hope fractal locks ip addresses with each purchase.

I'm sure the second one hits ebay the whole forum will know. grrr fractal worldwide!

Guys, relax. Fractal has such a small production volume that they are able to personally review every single order. Matt has already stated that Cliff would recognize if this were happening. If you were to buy an Axe-Fx II and then flip it on eBay, I suspect you'd completely shoot your chances to buy another any time soon. Therefore, you'd be looking at a very short-lived phenomenon.

This is f*cked up... I'm surprised no one is cussing up a storm and calling FAS all kinds of names with the games they are playing with us...

I think we all see how the game is being played and it can only bother you if you choose to join in. You don't have to play - you can wait it out for a while until supply catches up with the demand and purchase one in a more traditional manner. Pretend the Axe-II isn't generally available until September and check back in then. I trust that FAS wants to collect all of our money as quickly as it can, so I have to think they'll get production ramped up soon. Cliff said he thought he'd ordered enough supply to meet the initial demand - we just didn't know the part about the supply trickling out once the pipe opened up. But there must be reason for it all - I don't think it's being done for purposes of drama or building anticipation - that's all maxed out.

Isn't this the way Fractal has always put the Axe Fx units for sale on the site? Just a few a day would be there and usually sell out fairly quickly then they ship them the next day, seems this is just like they have always done and don't plan to change. Of course this is why you could sell your units for very close to what you paid for it if not even more. While I don't like this method I don't really think its going to change much so I am trying to accept it as what it is and only blame myself for wasting another two hours trying to buy something that is not really even needed

I hate posts that apologize for FAS as much as I hate the ones that complain, but it's is ridiculous to think that FAS is playing games with us or having fun at our expense. Cliff has posted that they will only put as many in inventory as they can ship the next day--and that seems to be a relatively small number--so it should be no surprise to anyone that it's going to take a while to catch up with the initial demand.

Let's PLEASE try to keep this thread from getting locked or deleted it is what it is. This thread is intended to help with what it is.

Seems like they are taking the morning to ship yesterday's units and the afternoon to build new ones. Speculation of course, but seems to make sense given the patterns. Putting together 4 - 6 units every 2 hours or so. Hopefully we'll get another 5 second window before the end of the day. :)

Jay really summed up multiple sides of the issue here:

Post - The Gear Page - View Single Post - Step by Step... How to buy an AXE-FX 2....
Thread - Step by Step... How to buy an AXE-FX 2.... - Page 5 - The Gear Page

Not everyone who uses and likes the product defends every decision made by the company founder. Making a world-class product is not equivalent to making 100% sound (or 100% popular) business decisions. Just sayin'....

Whether you agree with everything Cliff has done and said (FWIW I do not), one thing is certain: it's his company, and he gets to call the shots. No amount of public complaining - by anyone - is going to change that.

There just isn't any more to say that hasn't been said. It is what it is. Congrats to those who got them. This is the system for now and we have to live with it. I've adjusted my expectations and hope to score one in a month from now. If it is earlier, great. But I can't spend my work days refreshing a web site.

Fractal Audio Services/Systems

[Message edited by Forum Admin because it contained incorrect information and we don't want this up in the forum anyway.]

My parents live in the next town over- Fremont, NH. Too bad I'm in Iowa these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom