The new Misha Mansoor Cab Pack is here... "soon"!

Clips are on the way!! Check this one by Adam Bentley of Arch Echo:

Adam kills it again in this vid. So good.

I saw this and really dig the balance between the lows and mids, and where the mids are focused. Might have to hop out of the zilla pool and dip my feet in this, we'll see
I'm in a similar boat. Started tracking for an official release using Zilla All Mix, then tried this pack during beta testing.

I dare say Misha Mix #2 and SM57-M160 AB & BB from this pack will be prominent along with some Zilla action.

0% negative feedback at this point!!! :) That's awesome guys. This release has been kind of surprising since it hasn't really been "published yet" but rather soft launched and all the clips are still to come but I've been contacted by many surprising people saying that I've really the nail on the head with this pack. One in particular said he had been struggling with his IR's and he's tried EVERYTHING but has been unhappy for many years with his Axe-Fx but THIS PACK fixed all his problems. :)

Also I know we meant this to be a "djent pack" but many people who are more into rock are preferring these IR's over what they were using before. This all makes me so happy!

I'd like to hear a comparison between cab pack 7, 13, and this new pack....if possible. There are too many mesa packs out there already, make me buy this one! :p Also not to derail this topic, but any plans to capture cabs like Soldano V12, Friedman, just to name a few?

Also I know we meant this to be a "djent pack" but many people who are more into rock are preferring these IR's over what they were using before. This all makes me so happy!

I'm sure this cab pack can djent, but honestly I don't know anything about that. (correct me if I am incorrect) But these impulses don't sound to have any special processing on them to make them djent like the djent versions of the Zilla pack. They are simply awesome impulses of a great sounding Mesa Recto Oversize cab. If you love cab pack 7 but want a bit more bite/clarity from your impulses, this pack delivers exactly that.

These are just about the best Mesa impulses especially for rhythm tones I've found. I don't know if they dethrone cab pack 7 for John Petrucci type smooth lead sounds, but I can say I'm especially loving these impulses for rhythm tones. Switching from pack 7 to these, it sounds as if a cloth has been taken off the speakers. They sound clearer in general to my ears.

I loved my impulses before but didn't realize how much I needed these as well to complete my personal patches. This pack, and pack 7 I think is all I need, with a few great Marshall impulses thrown in for good measure. I think the Zilla pack is going to be removed from my Axe.

Okay guys here's the comparison as promised. I might do a video explaining this a bit more but this should pretty much cover it.

On paper, yes these are both the Mesa 4x12 cabinet. Yes they both have the original and best V30 speakers that were made for Mesa and are 70W. That's where the similarities end. Cab Pack 13 ML USA Bulb was the best 4x12 Mesa collection available until a few days ago. Don't take that the wrong way. A Mesa 4x12 collection will always sound really good. It's the best cabinet ever created. The thing is that it's really hard to find these early Mesa cabs with speakers that are in perfect condition.

The cabinet we used for Cab Pack 13 ML USA Bulb looked like it went to war. The cloth had holes in it, the tolex was torn everywhere and the speakers had gone through touring for around a decade. They were still the original speakers but they were really tired. This can be a really good thing and I definitely think it gives Cab Pack 13 a unique sound which is why I will continue to use it for "that sound" that is IMHO similar to a Pre-Rola Marshall sound, you can't make it harsh even with presence on full. After all it's the sound of Periphery III: Select Difficulty, definitely a bucket list moment for me personally.

The reason why ML USA Djent destroys Cab Pack 13 is that it's a Mesa 4x12 in it's prime. It's really hard to find one of these older cabinets that has not been A) toured for so long that the speakers are dead or B) sitting in a studio and was never turned loud enough for the cab to start doing it's thing. So before we shot this pack I had three Mesa 4x12 cabs in my studio, of which this cab was the clear winner. It's been used enough to get rid of that bee sting buzz in your ear that you will get from new speakers when driven loud. But at the same time it's only been toured enough so that the speakers still have life to them.

Now that I've explained the store behind it all have a listen to them side by side. First it's ML USA DJENT, the second time around it's Cab Pack 13 ML USA Bulb:

ML_COMP.png

These are Ace IR's from the packs. That means they're scientifically the best positions we could find on the cabs. They're single SM57 IR's with the mic on a different speaker per side (one on a bottom and one of a top speaker).

So what's the difference in layman's terms?

ML USA Djent is:
-easier to play with because of it's open sound
-you don't have to pick so hard to cut through
-you will sit way better in a mix
-you will sound tighter
-you will feel like a carpet has been lifted off of your cab

Let's all acknowledge that Cab Pack 13 ML USA Bulb is the most used Fractal Audio Cab Pack. Any Mesa 4x12 pack I would do after would have to be a significant upgrade and I can honestly admit that I've shot a couple of 4x12 Mesa cabs that have not been released because they weren't better than Cab Pack 13. I will never repackage the same product and trick people to buying the same pack over and over again. I see this happen a lot these days I'm afraid. I hope these clips and the examples coming your way will make it clear that we're in fact talking about a difference as big as a V30 vs a Greenback speaker.

Stay tuned for more information!

I'm sure this cab pack can djent, but honestly I don't know anything about that. (correct me if I am incorrect) But these impulses don't sound to have any special processing on them to make them djent like the djent versions of the Zilla pack. They are simply awesome impulses of a great sounding Mesa Recto Oversize cab. If you love cab pack 7 but want a bit more bite/clarity from your impulses, this pack delivers exactly that.

These are just about the best Mesa impulses especially for rhythm tones I've found. I don't know if they dethrone cab pack 7 for John Petrucci type smooth lead sounds, but I can say I'm especially loving these impulses for rhythm tones. Switching from pack 7 to these, it sounds as if a cloth has been taken off the speakers. They sound clearer in general to my ears.

I loved my impulses before but didn't realize how much I needed these as well to complete my personal patches. This pack, and pack 7 I think is all I need, with a few great Marshall impulses thrown in for good measure. I think the Zilla pack is going to be removed from my Axe.
Matt that means the world to me especially coming from you. This is exactly the type of feedback I've been receiving. :) Thank you for spreading the word and it was nice to hear from you as well.

Matt that means the world to me especially coming from you. This is exactly the type of feedback I've been receiving. :) Thank you for spreading the word and it was nice to hear from you as well.

No, thank you Mikko! I forgot to mention, I also own cab pack 13 and there is no comparison for me between the two. ML USA DJENT is the clear winner. Your example really shows the difference between the two. The ML USA DJENT impulses sound clearer and have a better balance between their frequencies. It's as if my patches need less gain with ML USA DJENT. I'm especially impressed with how the high end frequencies sound. The only adjective that comes to mind is... PERFECT! :)

Can't thank you enough for these. You've really outdone yourself with these.

This release has been kind of surprising since it hasn't really been "published yet" but rather soft launched and all the clips are still to come

This really helps make sense of things. I've noticed that the launch had been rather "soft" and I thought it really strange. Even though I wanted to ask the reason for this (no official clips personally from ML or Bulb, and Misha/Fractal both only giving it a slight mention on social media) I was still bent towards being patient to see what would come

I'd really enjoy it if you could bless us with another comparison clip of the Misha Mix 8 (that was the really popular one used officially by Periphery right?), and a mix IR from the Djent pack that would possibly be its counterpart in terms of favorable use. Seeing people already use the new Mix 2 from Djent pack and wondering if that would sort of correspond to the older Mix 8 in that perspective

This really helps make sense of things. I've noticed that the launch had been rather "soft" and I thought it really strange. Even though I wanted to ask the reason for this (no official clips personally from ML or Bulb, and Misha/Fractal both only giving it a slight mention on social media) I was still bent towards being patient to see what would come

I'd really enjoy it if you could bless us with another comparison clip of the Misha Mix 8 (that was the really popular one used officially by Periphery right?), and a mix IR from the Djent pack that would possibly be its counterpart in terms of favorable use. Seeing people already use the new Mix 2 from Djent pack and wondering if that would sort of correspond to the older Mix 8 in that perspective
Sure thing. We're actually really busy people these days so all the "marketing" is on the way. Consider yourself an early adaptor! :D

I didnt really know what this pack was but it sounded cool when I saw adam's video on it. I think I may have to get it now. I am a sucker for mesa 4x12s. 7 and 13 are the only cabs I use, besides some of the misha ones I have.

I didnt really know what this pack was but it sounded cool when I saw adam's video on it. I think I may have to get it now. I am a sucker for mesa 4x12s. 7 and 13 are the only cabs I use, besides some of the misha ones I have.
Hey Lucas! Long time no see. :) This will definitely be a good fit if you loved Cab Pack 7 and 13. It's the most aggressive cab of them all but definitely still a Mesa. You can go Petrucci with it and all that as well. Misha loved it for his sound, hence the name DJENT. :)

Hey,

I just got the pack today. I uploaded everything for the first time earlier today using the open cabs/presents to upload the ones from Axe-Edit (using Axe-Fx 2 Mark II). They sounded awesome, was super happy. I saved everything, switched between them a bunch, etc.

When I came back later after turning off the Axe all of the Cab settings were gone in the presents (they were set to S001 ). I tried reimporting them but they come back with S001 again. I'm not sure why this is happening and I'm not sure which Cabs the presets are supposed to use so I can't really fix it myself. Any ideas?

Hey,

I just got the pack today. I uploaded everything for the first time earlier today using the open cabs/presents to upload the ones from Axe-Edit (using Axe-Fx 2 Mark II). They sounded awesome, was super happy. I saved everything, switched between them a bunch, etc.

When I came back later after turning off the Axe all of the Cab settings were gone in the presents (they were set to S001 ). I tried reimporting them but they come back with S001 again. I'm not sure why this is happening and I'm not sure which Cabs the presets are supposed to use so I can't really fix it myself. Any ideas?
When loading a Preset-Cab Bundle it will save the IR's to the temporary IR slots called "scratchpads" that get reset after every reboot. When saving the preset Axe-Edit will prompt you with an option to save that IR to a real user cab slot. Choose one that's not a scratchpad IR slot. :)

Dudes we just made a new video discussing the reason for this Cab Pack more in depth and Misha dropped in to say hi as well:

Another Cab Pack 13 vs ML USA Djent comparison in the video!

Bought the pack but sorry ...not my taste.....too fizzy for me...Pack 13 sounds still better for my needs and the OH V70B.
I love your playing style @Anand Mahangoe and maybe the sound that fits you is more vintage than djent. One thing I highly recommend you try is blending ML USA Djent with Cab Pack 13. Honestly the strengths of ML USA Djent are very clear in a crowded metal/djent mix. You don't have to boost the volume too high to get your guitars to cut and you still get the low end purrrrr and note definition through in the 2khz area. Outside a mix a more worn out speaker will sound more pleasant but it usually takes a lot of space in the mix. :)

I love your playing style @Anand Mahangoe and maybe the sound that fits you is more vintage than djent. One thing I highly recommend you try is blending ML USA Djent with Cab Pack 13. Honestly the strengths of ML USA Djent are very clear in a crowded metal/djent mix. You don't have to boost the volume too high to get your guitars to cut and you still get the low end purrrrr and note definition through in the 2khz area. Outside a mix a more worn out speaker will sound more pleasant but it usually takes a lot of space in the mix. :)

Will try the mixing !!!
:D:D:D:D

UN..........BELIEVE..........ABLE.......!

Cleanest most present & perfectly "right there" IR's I've ever heard.
Take two of those Misha Mixes in a Stereo UR, pan em out & they create an amazingly dimensional field of sound. Fantastic job.

One thing though, this pack still isn't showing up when you go through the Fractal site. You can only access it through this thread. At least every time I tried going directly to the Cab Pack page the Bulb Zilla is the top on the list & this pack is nowhere to be found. Just a heads up.

I agree.

The Djent Cab Pack blows CP13 out of the water! There is no competition for me (;
If you want a tight sound that cuts, this is for you!

I don't even know if I will ever need another Cab Pack again, haha.

My go-to IRs from now on.

Back
Top Bottom